Conicle Fermenter Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd consider 2 (or 3) if the price was right, but ideally I'd prefer a fully fitted unit.

What type of work would we need to carry out to make these ready for use?

Is the manufacturer experienced with sanitary welding?

It's not Wortgames making 'em is it? :lol: :ph34r:

Warren -

Where did he get to?
Havent heard from him for a long while.

On the other hand I would only be interested in fully completed ones, but these do sound like a good way to go about it if you don't mind doing a bit of work yourself.

cheers
johnno

On the other hand I would only be interested in fully completed ones, but these do sound like a good way to go about it if you don't mind doing a bit of work yourself.

Ditto - doesn't sound like one for the tool challenged :(

cheers Ross

anyone local to me, I will help out with building stands and fittings, Its pretty easy

"Has anybody thought of contacting a local manufacturer with the prospect of an order of 15 Conicals??"
yes but no one was interested, if anyone has a contact let me know

"Is the manufacturer experienced with sanitary welding?"
they are spun metal no welds at all

Couple more questions:

How does the lid fit? Ie, does it have overlapping sides? Is it just a flat piece of SS that sits on top and would require clamps?

What is the angle of the cone? I notice NB sells kits for the Toledo style spinners which may be suitable for converting it to a proper Conical

Lid fitment is a very valid point there Kook but i think these blanks are sold on mass to BBB and the other major USA shops who then finish them off with no weld fittings and legs etc.A bit of work but achievable if you have the tools and required bits and pieces.The angle is probably the standard 60 something or other degrees that conicals have.

Cheers
Big D

BiG D is pretty much spot on, how ever as i said Im just looking at what the interest is, I have sent out for quotes from about 30 companys now and am awaiting on pricing so the over all design will vary from 1 place to another, I willhave a 60 deg cone and the lid will fit onto the rim of the conicle with some sort of seal, Have a look at the B3 site for the way they have done theres, thats how ill be finishing mine off

Actually to be 100% honest, I dont want to know if People....may Be interested....or could be interested....I want to know who IS interested in getting a conicle, Its not worth me waisting my time and Money once again if its a dud mission

Hi Oz,

to clarify my position, i am interested in getting a conical at some stage, however, i'd like to know a bit more before committing myself. An example is the units dimensions, which are needed so I can determine if it would fit in my fermentting fridge or if I would have do rig up some sort of cooling coil. As pointed out, I can look at the toledo & B3 sites & checkout what they offer, but one of those offerings may or may not be what gets purchased.

I hope you can see that I'm just trying to determine if what you're looking to arrange will work for me. That is difficult to do with a lack of info. As my wife calls me the detail man, & I don't yet have specific details of what is proposed, I'll remain on the fence for the time being & give you a definite answer when info is available.

Thanks for the effort you're putting in to look at this. :beer:

Beers

Crozdog.

Has anybody thought of contacting a local manufacturer with the prospect of an order of 15 Conicals??
I had contacted a local metal spinner here in Brisbane a while back and asked how much to make 2 conicals as in my attached design. They wanted over $1000 each :blink: . I didn't bother asking how much for a mass produced cost though.

View attachment Conical_28L.pdf

From Toledo, the 12 gallon part number is TMS16914.
I like the idea of getting the blanks, as that then gives the flexibility for everyone to do what they want for their environment. eg. Some may want to put theirs in a fridge or freezer, others may want to add external cooling and like me internal cooling.

Doc

BiG D is pretty much spot on, how ever as i said Im just looking at what the interest is, I have sent out for quotes from about 30 companys now and am awaiting on pricing so the over all design will vary from 1 place to another, I willhave a 60 deg cone and the lid will fit onto the rim of the conicle with some sort of seal, Have a look at the B3 site for the way they have done theres, thats how ill be finishing mine off

Oz

I've heard of some people recently who got conicals from metal fabricators in India and China. Apparently they are much cheaper and the quality is pretty good. Were any of the 30 companies you contacted chinese/indian sweatshops? I may be able to get you a couple of names if you are interested.

Cheers
Dave

Oz

I've heard of some people recently who got conicals from metal fabricators in India and China. Apparently they are much cheaper and the quality is pretty good. Were any of the 30 companies you contacted chinese/indian sweatshops? I may be able to get you a couple of names if you are interested.

Cheers
Dave

All the companys were here and In USA, how ever it seems that no one here wants to deal with me/us, typical Attitude, to hard, will do a quote when i get around to it, all that common crap

Please send me any info you have, for Asia, that will help a great deal, i have heard that the asian SS is getting as good as the seppo stuff

[email protected]

All the companys were here and In USA, how ever it seems that no one here wants to deal with me/us, typical Attitude, to hard, will do a quote when i get around to it, all that common crap

Please send me any info you have, for Asia, that will help a great deal, i have heard that the asian SS is getting as good as the seppo stuff

[email protected]

Oz

I'll have to ping the guy I know to see where he got his but in the mean time I found this on Google -

http://directory.jimtrade.com/54/cone_bottom_tanks.htm

Its an indian trade directory that lists no fewer than 312 companies that will make cone bottom tanks...

Cheers
Dave

Just noticed this thread. Would invest in a SS fermenter if the price was right, will keep watching see where this story leads.

Have contacts (of sorts) in China who freight stuff to Melb regularly, they may be some help if things swing that way.

*******Bump**********

Still working on this, as it turns out most of the Ozzie places we are looking at over $400 per +Gst and TPT

THe Asian(Indian) places are a heap cheeper, but im having difficultys in communicating with them, and still working on the USA

Someone mentioned a contact in China, any more info on that?

Someone mentioned a contact in China, any more info on that?

Hi Oz,

it wasn't me but I am waiting on a call back from a contact that gets stuff made in China & may be able to assist. I'll advise when I hear more.

Crozdog

Back