Conical Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franko

Red Rocket Brewery
Reaction score
Gday Brewers,
just wondering if anyone uses plastic conical fermenters out there and tell me there likes/dislikes.
Im looking into getting a few made thru a plastic company hopefully if all turns out.

Keep brewing
Franko

Franko, you may want to hold off for a while as I'm hoping to be able to supply some cheap stainless ones soon.

I've looked into plastic in the past but it is expensive and prone to scratching and tainting - not such a problem with a $30 item but a big deal when you're paying 3 figures. Personally I'd say even $100 - $150 is too much to spend on a plastic fermenter.

I agree,
not sure on the price for these units as yet will be speaking to some manufacturers tommorow.

How cheap for the stainless steel units your looking into

Are you talking about ones like www.minibrew.com Franko???

I like the idea of the longevity of the Stainless steel one though

Difficult to say at this stage, i'm still waiting on a few details before I can finalise the design, but I'm hoping to be able to offer something below the $300 mark.

Thats right Linz,
it would be something similar in say a 25/30 Litre or 50 Litre version depending on price of manufacture.
Id love a stainless steel version also but at those prices I dont know

Just got a V-Vessel.

V-Vessel

Cheaper than an SS, will give some feedback after a couple of brews.

Cheers,

Sam

Very interesting! Looks like an awesome space-saver.

You'll have to give us a running tally of how many times you forget to close the tap before removing the ball :)

What did it cost all up?

How much was it?
What capacity is it? (that website's as informative as a moody woman)
and where from?

tangent said:
How much was it?
What capacity is it? (that website's as informative as a moody woman)
and where from?
[post="77349"][/post]​

The info is there. You just have to hit the right link.
Try here

Beers,
Doc

Nice if you have a room that is temperature controlled......so the ferment temp is

hmmm, capacity is a bit on the small side, but i s'pose if your're going to hang it off the wall, you don't want to do a 60L

Prices for Aus retailer?

I was just in grain and grape today, and i went out the back to get some hops and one of the employees was cleaning one of those funny (bulb?) shaped fermenters.
I heard him say something about them being expensive, maybe you can contact them.

sam said:
Just got a V-Vessel.

V-Vessel

Cheaper than an SS, will give some feedback after a couple of brews.

Cheers,

Sam
[post="77276"][/post]​

Sam,
Have you used this yet?
How did it go?

cheers
johnno

The V-Vessel looks like a good idea, anyone used one yet?

It seems like the yeast cake would be to large to fit in the bulb.. mabey it's just the photo though.

Back