Conditioning In A Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgw86

Reaction score
Hi All,

Most of the time I will Cold Condition my Lagers & Ales in the Primary Fermenter for 7 days at 1C after the fermentation period is over and then I keg the brew and leave in the keg for 5-7 days while It carbonates up.

In trying to speed up the time from fermenter to keg I have been wondering if I was to only Cold Condition in the Primary for 5 days and then keg the brew and leave in the keg while it carbs up over 5-7 days will this produce the same result as my current method above.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,

Sam.

Hi All,

Most of the time I will Cold Condition my Lagers & Ales in the Primary Fermenter for 7 days at 1C after the fermentation period is over and then I keg the brew and leave in the keg for 5-7 days while It carbonates up.

In trying to speed up the time from fermenter to keg I have been wondering if I was to only Cold Condition in the Primary for 5 days and then keg the brew and leave in the keg while it carbs up over 5-7 days will this produce the same result as my current method above.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,

Sam.

The amount of yeast that will drop out of suspension in the extra two days is neglegable, so I doubt you'd notice any difference at all. Leave it a month or so and you'll get yeast in the first pint and be fine from there.

The amount of yeast that will drop out of suspension in the extra two days is neglegable, so I doubt you'd notice any difference at all. Leave it a month or so and you'll get yeast in the first pint and be fine from there.

Great! Thanks mate. I didn't think that 2 days would make a huge difference.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back