Conditioning a high ABV IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ipas are generally better drank fresh but english ipas tend to age better than american ones in my opinion. just try a bottle every so often and when it starts to sing to you just tuck in :beerbang:

Last ~7.5% AIPA i did, there was 1 bottle that was sensational.. must've caught it just right.. it was sooo different to the rest of the batch.. was a bottle I took to work and put in my drawer for 4 weeks (controlled 18'c).. not to say the rest of that batch wasnt good.. just that bottle was different and everything popped at the right time...

Hard to catch thet absolute prime moment IME.. phaarkin fantastic when you do :icon_drool2:

My last near 8% IIPA was bitter as hell for 3 months, but the smoothed out very nicely. The 10.3% IIPA I just did won't even be looked at for a few months.

I kegged Nige's meantime IPA last weekend. Though I subbed Fuggles for Willamette and used WY1728.

Although it's lovely, it's very rich. Definitely a sipping beer and by the end of the pint I've had enough. You (or rather, I) can't drink more than a pint of it. I think it will balance out very nicely, so i'm looking forward to having another bash at it next weekend, and for many weekends to come. It may even last until winter - when in retrospect I probably shouldve brewed it.

Latest posts

Back