Complete brewery build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update

Hi all. So things are still moving, just a bit slowly as i wait for parts to arrive. Finally have all the front cutting done and all parts ready short of lights. These are on the way. Literally slow boat from China.

Next step, cut bottom of enclosure for power, and temp gauges and power in. Then actual wiring, the tricky bit.

Will get more pics when there's more to show. And yes had to re-paint, not the best job, but think the PIDs and bits will distract from it all

So brew day is getting closer. Hopefully all ready before the end of the year.
20171002_170559 (2).jpg
20171002_170607 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Hi again people.

So the front of the box is now complete. The LEDs arrived and have been installed.

Now I'm moving on to the final cutting and finishing the outside. Then the fun wiring.

Have a question. The electric brewery site says to do this to the enclosure and heat sink: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel-part-1?page=16

Basically install the top of the enclosure and cut it back so only the SSRs and a little space between them are left.

Do i need to do this? Could i just install the heat sink straight onto the enclosure and not worry about the slightly bigger area of exposed heat sink (on the inside of the enclosure)? If i did the suggested way, i would only have a slightly smaller exposed area as my enclosure is a bit different to the one they are showing.

Thinking that the more exposed area on the inside leaves more heat building inside the enclosure. But not really sure.

Otherwise, it's progressing, just slowly.

Thanks

Hawk

I think it's so you get a better heat transfer to the heat sink. If you had the enclosure sandwiched between them I'd think it would get very hot.
Someone else might be able to explain it better or another reason.

The enclosure wouldn't be sandwiched between then. The heat sink will be attached to the top of the enclosure. The existing whole will remain under the heat sink. Just means i don;t have to attach and cut the enclosure hole cover that it came wit. Seems rather pointless as i'd be cutting almost as much as is there now.

Progress.

Been making slow progress, especially on the cutting. Happy to say that's all done now. So the outside is complete. Pics below. Waiting on the wires to arrive and then the fun electric connecting begins. Hoping to have it functional by mid December

20171105_145707.jpg 20171105_145714.jpg .
20171105_145707.jpg

Update.

Work progressing, slowly. Realized i need an additional Ezboil as the 310 does do both boil and mash, but only in one pot, not two. So the timer has to go to make room for the new Ezboil.

Otherwise, mostly wired up. Still have a few questions about my volt/amp meter and the coils.
20171213_095715 (2).jpg

Did a wet test of the brew, and it leaked like crazy. Lots of seal tape later and it's pretty closed to sealed. Quickly concluded the chipboard shelves will have to go, to be replaced with some arms, sufficient to hold all components.

20171213_095707.jpg

Still have a couple more components to go, namely a whirlpool arm for the BK (anyone know where i can get one?) and few other bits and bobs.

Then have to re-wire the garage.

And then we brew!

Long project. Finally nearing completion

Hawk

And many months later. It's finally ready.

Got the control box ready, thanks to a local, fellow brewer. Months of building and delaying brewing are over. Hope to brew tomorrow. Just need to figure how to turn the SYL-2352 to C not F and figure out my thermonator chiller - mainly just the tubes.

Attachments

• Compressed brewery.jpg
    Compressed brewery.jpg
    824.1 KB · Views: 502
  • Control box compressed.jpg
    Control box compressed.jpg
    787.4 KB · Views: 460
Looks good, am planning something similar myself, let us know how your first brew goes! =)

Have done 2 brews now. Continual tweeking the cooling system (to use less water). Otherwise the brews went well. The first brew, a porter, is tasting amazing.

I really like the big red button !

Every brewery should have a big red button,
Like Tesla’s insane button.

Going better. We moved house and i only just got the brew system ready last week. So last week i did my first brew for almost 1 year. Now i wish i could have done it again as its a holiday today. But only have 1 fermentator (well temp controller). So will have to wait till next week. Going to do a porter brew next friday as i put the Belgium pale ale into kegs. Have made some further tweaks to the system, mainly i now have a sink and tap straight into the brew system. Makes brews so much easier.

Nice one. Are you still in the Canberra area? Myself and a couple of mates are getting into it but unsure where to start and with what sort of system. Think we are pretty keen on something like this or a little bigger that we could possibly adapt the same recipes and techniques into something bigger down the track. Would be great to chat with someone local. Going to head to the craft beer and cider festival in Braddon this weekend, should be a good day.

Latest posts

Back