Complete brewery build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H@wkeye!

Reaction score
Hi all

Been a while since i posted, so thought i'd start a new thread as to what's going on in my garage atm.

Current in the process of upscalling from by grainfather. Have purchased a 3x70L HERMS pot system from Cheekypeaky brewery. This includes almost everything i need, short of a sparge arm, plate chiller etc. The rig will be run by 4x2200w elements, 2 in the HLT and 2 in the BK. To control these elements, i am attempting to build an electric control box.

Ordered the first parts of this last night. Looking forward to their arrival.

I'll post some pics of progress when the control box parts arrive. Hoping to have the rig fully functional in 6 weeks or so.

Hawk

What did they charge you for the system?
Nice to have fully welded gear. I looked at cheeky peak but was about 2 x the price im doing mine for

Sorry for the delay. The system cost about $1800. I looked at getting parts individually and this was cheaper. Perhaps prices have gone up since you did yours?

Can happily say though - the parts for the control box arrived at the Aus Post store in Portland Oregon yesterday. Should now be on its way here.

Still have to get a couple more things, and add a 30amp circuit and then presto, nano brewery ready to roll.

Hawk

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1504097641.341599.jpg

Garage kinda got out of hand and hectic. Not bad for a home brewer.

Wish I had that sort of headroom

Hello again brewers. Update. The inputs for my brew control box arrived. Still need to get a couple of bits, namely a timer (if i decided to include one), 4 x c13 ports (or 4 x regular power plugs), and ports for the master power in, temp probes and a few other bits. All are happily available in country.

So this weekend i'll be marking the box for cutting. A fellow brewer has offered to assist with the cutting. Then the build begins.

I'll post a few pics of the pre-cut box and the arrived parts. I was surprised to see how small the PID controllers are, but also happy as the box was smaller than i expected (hard to contextualize online sizes sometimes).

ahh nice! I've been looking into this set up and you my friend i might need to visit once you are up and running, if you don't mind and close to me haha

You might consider powercon connectors, they've become my fav for multiple power input output.
Hrm looks about right. Probably need a bit more ampage though. Getting a 30A circuit setup for the system. Do they come in 30A connector?

ahh nice! I've been looking into this set up and you my friend i might need to visit once you are up and running, if you don't mind and close to me haha
You'd be more than welcome. Probably won't be brew ready for some time (circuit may not go in to next year due to some other commitments). But setup should be ready before then.

Also, i'm in Canberra. So probably not close to you

You'd be more than welcome. Probably won't be brew ready for some time (circuit may not go in to next year due to some other commitments). But setup should be ready before then.

Also, i'm in Canberra. So probably not close to you

yeah that might be too far but i can always make a weekend out of it!!!

And the control box. Unpainted and painted. Still drying when pic was taken so should look a bit better next time. Next step, enclosure cutting. Hopefully to occur next weekend.

Attachments

• 20170910_153630.jpg
    20170910_153630.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 425
  • 20170910_164309 (2).jpg
    20170910_164309 (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 406

Latest posts

Back