• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Complete Biab Set Up For Sale (melbourne)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowie in space

Reaction score
Hi there, I have my BIAB set up for sale. In my opinion it is a pretty complete package of equipment that I have been gathering for the past 18 months. I would prefer to sell as an entire package as it would make it cheaper for the buyer and easier for me to offload in one go.

This regretful sale is only because I have recently moved to a remote part of Western Australia for work. I can't take my brewing gear and won't have the time to brew, let alone be able to purchase fresh grains. My gear is at my house in Point Cook in Melbourne's west and would have to be picked up from here. I can organise my wife and/or brother to be here and show the lucky buyer what they have purchased.

Prices in brackets is what I paid for these items.

Ok then, for sale;

1 x Fermenting Fridge with temperature control probe ($320)
1 x Birko 40L Urn with fitted stainless steel ball valve and spigot ($300)
2 x 30L Fermenters with tap, airlock, grommet and stick on thermometer ($60)
1 x BIAB bag from Gryphon brewing ($45)
1 x electronic scales ($40)
175g in mixed hops - see pics -(approx $30)
830g Light Dry Malt Extract (approx $10)
approx 5kg Oxyper - main active ingredient sodium percarbonate (approx $35-40)
1 x Super Automatica Bench Capper ($60)
1 x Bottle Tree ($45)
1.5m Silicone Tube (approx $15)
5L Glass Demi-john/carboy for starters ($12)

Plus I'll throw in a few bits and pieces such as;

2 x no chill cubes from Grain and Grape fresh wort kits
1.04kg of Dextrose for priming
approx. half a bottle of iodophor
1 x floating thermometer
1 x paddle
1 x bottle brush
1 x paint stirrer
and a few crown seals.

That's pretty much smack bang on $1000 worth of gear. So I'll leave it up to the potential buyer to PM me with a reasonable offer. First in best dressed and all that. If I don't respond straight away don't panic I'll get to the first person as soon as I can.

This is a great place for a new brewer to start. Obviously I never got around to kegging and my wife has thrown out all my empty longneck bottles, so I can't throw in any bottles!

Otherwise, everything is in very good condition and the buyer will very happy with the purchase. You'll be enjoying your first AG beer in no time!!!

Photos to come

Cheers,
Bowie

099.JPG

104.JPG

That is the probe on the right. It can be left suspended in the air or attached to the fermenter itself. The temp control is fantastic.

110.JPG

If anyone needs anymore photos I am happy to oblige. I am heading out now for a few hours so I can respond later in the day. I am in Melbourne for another 2 days also.

Cheers,
Bowie

A bump on this thread. This is a great package deal, so don't be afraid to make me an offer. All offers will be considered. I'd prefer to sell as a whole and offload a fair bit of extras to someone who is considering taking the plunge into AG brewing.

Those interested would preferably need a ute to transport the fridge as they don't respond well to sideways travel, ie. a van.

I have received a PM regarding the Urn and bag, so jigsaw I'll give it a bit longer, but I have replied to your PM.

Bowie

no worries champ, im just getting my foot in the door incase it doesnt all go. cheers

I love that your fermenting fridge fits 2 fermenters in it... I've been looking for a new fermenting fridge since I turend mine into a keg fridge, but I think I'd get in trouble if I even suggested adding another fridge to the 3 and 1/2 in our kitchen!

Ive got exactly the same fridge.

Its a good little beastie for my keg fridge. When im all grown up and get myself a chesty for my kegs, this bad boy will become the fermenting fridge. Install yourself a computer case fan in the roof to distribute the air and she runs even better. :beerbang:

How remote WA? We don't struggle that badly Getting stuff:)

Edit: Spelling.

It took me a while to find this fridge. I knew exactly what I wanted so I snapped it up from a second hand place in Sunshine as soon as I saw it.

I am already working in WA (heading back tomorrow) to Norseman (two hours south of Kalgoorlie) so not really that remote considering how big the state is. I'm living in the mine campsite and simply can't transport stuff there. Besides, I really don't know how long I'm going to be there.

My wife and I are in the process of moving back to QLD in August, so I'm selling all my furniture, etc., because I don't want to pay transport costs. I intend to find a fly in fly out job to QLD later this year and I'll take up brewing again as soon as my life has some kind of routine.

I thought about storing the gear, but honestly I got so much enjoyment out of homebrew that I would be denying a budding brewer of the same pleasure. Someone may as well be using this gear and i believe it would be a great place to begin an AG journey.

Cheers,
Bowie

Spoonta, I'm in Norseman. Going back there in the morning, so if I don't respond to any PM's or this thread for the next week, don't worry. The gear isn't going anywhere, but there is already interest in the urn and bag.

Bye for now,

Bowie

Bump on this thread.

Well after a week and a half, I still have recieved no offers on the lot, so maybe I'll start throwing prices around. I am looking at selling the entire lot in one go, so perhaps I'll start off at $600.

That's saving $400 on a near new homebrewing kit. The urn and fermenting fridge are worth that much alone, so you are getting everything else thrown in for free!!!

This is a very genuine offer that will require pick up from Point Cook, 20 minutes west of Melbourne's CBD on the coast between Altona and Werribee.

So come on down young brewers and don't be shy. You won't have to buy anything else other than grains and yeast to get brewing the AG way.

Cheers again,

Bowie

Keen on the BIAB bag if you decide to split and want to post it.

Back