Compensators / Flow Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortgames

'Draught' is not a beer style - it's a lifestyle
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I know that there was a lot of research and a bulk order last year regarding flow control for draught systems, so I'm hoping someone will be able to give me the lowdown.

What I'd like are some fittings that will attach directly to the back of the tap shank - did anyone come across anything like this?

Coool... free stuff... :beerbang:

I had actually seen that topic, but I was more wondering if anyone knew about the shank fitting thing - it could be a very neat solution for me if I can stick them straight on the end of the shanks, but quite an ugly one if I have to install them inline.

How are the folks finding them that have them? Are they good? Anyone attached them directly to their shank?

Wortgames said:
How are the folks finding them that have them? Are they good? Anyone attached them directly to their shank?
[post="53739"][/post]​
WG
I am finding mine really good.
I am using mine at the moment with a picnic faucet in the keg fridge. It is really great as you can overgas the keg, decrease the flow then as the head pressure drops increase the flow.
The adjuster can be a bit sticky/firm but it's still a great bit of kit.

Hoops

That's good to hear Hoops, I will probably end up getting some. What are the output fittings like? Do you reckon I could whack an adaptor on them and attach them directly to the tap shank, or is it a weirdo fitting? Any other reason you can see not to do this?

Of course, if I get these then the next thing will be a 2- or 3-way reg... :wacko:

Wortgames said:
That's good to hear Hoops, I will probably end up getting some. What are the output fittings like? Do you reckon I could whack an adaptor on them and attach them directly to the tap shank, or is it a weirdo fitting? Any other reason you can see not to do this?

Of course, if I get these then the next thing will be a 2- or 3-way reg... :wacko:
[post="53786"][/post]​

You could always just have a very short bit of line on the tap shank.

Normell

WG

it is a push fitting so as Normell says I would add a 2cm piece of beer line then push the adaptor on.
Why are you worried about looks though, it's on the inside of the keg fridge?

Hoops

Hoops said:
WG

it is a push fitting so as Normell says I would add a 2cm piece of beer line then push the adaptor on.
Why are you worried about looks though, t's on the inside of the keg fridge?

Hoops
[post="53822"][/post]​

Hey might have a glass doored fridge, like a bloke I know

:blink: :blink:
Normell

No, no glass door - just that I'm a bit pushed for space, and half the kegs need to slide in underneath the fittings as it is (chest freezer). Adding a bit of hose and then those things will start to make it a nasty tangle instead of a neat little row. I was hoping I could save myself the cost (and length) of the shank tails.

I have sent them an email (hopefully they'll respond!) - maybe they offer different configurations, otherwise I will explore some other options.

Wortgames said:
I have sent them an email (hopefully they'll respond!) - maybe they offer different configurations, otherwise I will explore some other options.
[post="53844"][/post]​

Hi WG they(Alumasc) can be a bit dodgy replying to eMails, unless you sent it to
[email protected].
He will answer pretty quick

Normell

PS If you find another way, post up so we can all find out.
Andale don't know about them.

It turned up in the mail today
Sent on the 6/4/05 here 11/4/05
Pretty bloody quick, and for nothing to boot
Have to figure out where to install now ...........

Normell

Latest posts

Back