Companion Power Cooker Stock Pot Set from BCF

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, 20L for now. Small batches but for a starting point? Surely I could add a bigger pot in the future, maybe not the basket but to begin with?

My advice

3 ring cast iron burner.

Will do a 40ltr boil and bullet proof. Last you years.

Can also be used for BBQ's and smokers

You can make an excellent 3 ring burner stand from a steel car rim as well B)

hate to sound the snob - but aluminium..... i get a bad feeling of not good on the finished flavour. could be way wrong here - maybe you could check that out before you throw your hard earneds at it. having said that, replace with a 20L stainless steel pot from bigW and you're in ($19 at last look). i've upgraded since there but i use the 20L pot for my sparge now, so it's in semi retirement but earning its keep.
the concept looks great if you drop a bag in it - it's the aluminium that concerns me

My 40Ltr Ugly kettle was made from 2 BIg W stockpots joined at the lips and soldered with a 3/4" brass threaded nipple soldered for the outlet

Cost me $50 all up. Lasted years...but it was like a woman

NOTE. Cheap Big W pots are a real bitch to solder. The metal is greasy and thin and you need the right flux, torch and stick. Even then it will do your head in

Not recommended. Period

My advice

Buy a 40ltr stainless stock pot from evilbuy

I use one of these all the time. BCF sell a larger combination 38litres. See if they will upgrade you.
Basket is good to 50 litre sized batches. BTW I have a 97litre stainless setup with basket and can't tell the difference flavour wise.
You will need to monitor mash temp carefully because the thin base cools quicker than a ss sandwitch base.

620rossco said:
I use one of these all the time. BCF sell a larger combination 38litres. See if they will upgrade you.
Basket is good to 50 litre sized batches. BTW I have a 97litre stainless setup with basket and can't tell the difference flavour wise.
You will need to monitor mash temp carefully because the thin base cools quicker than a ss sandwitch base.
When you say they sell a larger combination, you would think that would be on the website hey? Currently they only have the 20L nut a 38L would be ideal!

Latest posts

Back