Comp Ideas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linz

Reaction score
AndrewQLD said:
Ray_Mills said:
Hi
To Andrew and Ross,
I have contacted the organiser of the Queensland State competition and will have details when answered.
First this is a competiton for NSW brewers to enter and winners will qualify for the National competition held this year at South Austrlia.
Any brewers living outside NSW can enter but will not qualify for the National competition.
If you want to enter all your beers to be judged to the latest BJCP guidlines feel free. We will judge them and send you the feedback and score sheets for each beer.
As set in the rules only NSW brewers will win prizes and qualify for the Nationals.
Cheers
Ray
[post="74514"][/post]​

Well Ray,
It's your competition, and you can run it however you wish. Qualifying for the Nationals is fair enough, it is after all a State comp for qualification into the Nationals. However I do think it's a bit weak to take $7.00 entry fee from out of staters and not give them the benefit and glory of being able to hold up their first place prize to their family and friends! Out of curiosity if I win first place in the comp what happens to the prize?

Cheers
Andrew
[post="74554"][/post]​

Ray,

Just nail out of Staters..Simple..No entry, no money, no prizes

But lets introduce State of origin brew comps!!! NSW V QLD at Seagulls RSL(Is it still there??) VIC V SA !! on the Border etc et all. VIC V NSW at Albury/Woodonga(is that right??).

We already have 2 National comps...Let make it 4 SEASONAL COMPS summer, winter, spring and Autumn. Or Christmas, Easter,Queens Birthday w/end and Octoberfest,...what ever

The more we have the easier it will be to run them(get on a platform) with the cooperation of more clubs/groups(do we have the population to make it work?)

mebbe the next morph of AHB????

Sorry for the hijack....mebbe mods can move this to a first of a new thread for ideas(did it myself)

WOW the soapbox is smoking, I better get off

Just a bit of fluff to bat around

> It's your competition, and you can run it however you wish.

Ray is one of many organisers and it unfair to shoot the messenger; 6 people contributed to the structual decisions this year.

You also may or may not realise that alot of folks enter out of thier State to get as many beers into the Nationals as possible. Hardly sporting!

> However I do think it's a bit weak to take $7.00 entry fee from out of staters and not give them the benefit and glory of being able to hold up their first place prize to their family and friends!

I dont see this as weak, if you enter its acceptance of the rules and thems the rules. Kinda like doing 90kms in a 60km zone and then complaining about getting a speeding fine. If your not happy then I am sure that in 2006 as organiser of the QLD comp you can change the rules to suit! Otherwise, such is life till then.

///

Back