Commercial Single Hop Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've just got some new hops and looking for commercial single hop beers the showcase the following hops:

El Dorado
Mosaic
Huell Melon

Can anyone name some such beers? Happy to try examples that also use other hops in the mix if no single hop beers exist with these.

I've tried Murray's Kaiser which from memory has Huell Melon but keen to try some more to get an idea of the flavour they impart.

Cheers,
cliffo

For you to know, one must brew.

Just make simple ales at 4% abv and 20ibu.

Keep the malt bill to a single malt to focus on the hops.

Late hop at 10mins and do a dry hop to about 2-3g/L

You will get a good idea of flavour and aroma of each hop.

Cheers.

Am planning to do a smash with each hop, probably using MO and US05.

Mornington peninsula Mosaic IPA is s very tasty drop, founders do one too

This uses Enigma. Moo Brew, brew one of my favorite beers ever.
But this one was pretty pedestrian by comparison.

7-IMG_4757_800.jpg

They do still sell them. I had one a few weeks ago. Wouldnt call them IPA however but interesting none the less. I would prefer alot more late hop to get a feel for each but these are very light on.

Yob said:
Brewdog do some good single hop beers..
I remember El Dorado was one of their 4 pack-single hopped ''IPA IS DEAD'' series, it was very enjoyable.
The recipe for this and the others can be found from page 107-110 of 'The Brewdog Back Catalogue'
There are a few other single hopped recipes scattered throughout the 230 odd pages as well.

Modus Operandi feature mosaic nicely in their Former Tenant. Cracking beer.

Killer Brew said:
Modus Operandi feature mosaic nicely in their Former Tenant. Cracking beer.
Yep, was up at Modus Operandi yesterday, had the Former Tenant. It was an absolute belter. Should have brought a growler of it home with me.

Back