Commercial beer in small kegs?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raynman

Reaction score
Does anyone know of businesses that fill 10, 19 or even 30 litre kegs with a commercial/microbrewery beer? I can only find 50litre commercial keg swaps available. Surely there is a market for filling regular homebrew size kegs with commercial beer.?

Does anyone know of businesses that fill 10, 19 or even 30 litre kegs with a commercial/microbrewery beer? I can only find 50litre commercial keg swaps available. Surely there is a market for filling regular homebrew size kegs with commercial beer.?
Might have to phone around, I know in Vic if you call up a few of the small brewers they will do them. Prices in Vic are around $100-$120 per 19l cornie

100 to 120? Whats the point? $6.30 per Litre?

Stubbies are

24 x .330 = 7.9 litres @ 54 bux / 7.9L = $6.80 per Litre

100 to 120? Whats the point? $6.30 per Litre?

Stubbies are

24 x .330 = 7.9 litres @ 54 bux / 7.9L = $6.80 per Litre
Yeh but if you're paying $54 a case it's mega swill not craft beer, price a case of crankshaft for example, $93 at Dan Murphies.
Kegswappa are marketed as a green solution to cut down on the amount of glass that isn't getting recycled, which is all of it, the whole recycle glass thing is a furphy, pap for the masses.
Of note is that they use commercial A-type couplers, not too many HBer's use those.

True, even big corporate pseudocraft is $65ish a case (e.g. Little Creatures), which is about the minimum spend @ $8/L to get something decent as a regular drinker. That makes the keg refills a pretty good deal.

I mean, the alternative is to just brew. :D

Back