Comments On Recipe (german Lager ?)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFF

Reaction score
Welcome some feedback on the following .....

Pils @ 44%
Munich @ 44%
Caramel Hell (28) @ 5%
Wheat @ 7%
OG 1.051

Mittelfruh to IBU 27 (with a little saaz at 5 min mark)

Yeast Whitelabs German Lager WLP830

The SRM is around 9 which is a little darker than I wanted but I haven't used the caramel hell previously and am keen to try it,

If there is anything fundamentally wrong with the above recipe, would welcome it being pointed out.

Thanx.
JFF

It will be very malty. A very nice balance. The yeast is excellent.

Enjoy :)

Steve

Looks like a good marzen! Have fun!

- Snow.

looks fine for an octoberfest but what sort of german lager you want i.e german pilsner,dortmunder export,helles ect

Thanks guys,

Jazman, the truth is I couldn't tell you the difference in the different styles that you mentioned. Well, I could by going to the BJCP styles web site, but I certainly couldn't design one on request.

Well, the thing that is obvious to me is that I need a book on designing beer recipes. I have seen mentioned on this site a book buy ??Ray Daniels??

Does anyone have a view on where best to spend some dollars on a book ?

As for the recipe, I will stick with what I posted. Actually, its 7am, better pull my finger out and get into it.

java script:emoticon('B)')
smilie

Cheers
JFF B)

JFF,

I bought Ray Daniels' Designing Great Beers on Amazon.com and it was about $10 cheaper than the shops here in Brisbane, but took a month longer to get, obviously. There's another American site called beerbooks.com which is good, too. Other than those, Grain and Grape, Grumpys and Goliath all usually have good books in stock.

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
I bought Ray Daniels' Designing Great Beers on Amazon.com and it was about $10 cheaper than the shops here in Brisbane, but took a month longer to get, obviously.
Snow,
I ordered mine from Amazon as well. It was here in 10 days which i thought was great.

cheers

Latest posts

Back