Coming to a pub near you!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll 'ave one for my lounge, but not with that shit in it.....

38 cents an ounce for bud, or 40 cents an ounce for craft beer.

Tough call.

I love the fact that self service machines need to be attended by human employees. Just like coles.

The human attendant is just there to make sure you don't put your red capsicums through as unwashed spuds. Which is my protest at the loss of jobs for bored, lazy 16 year olds.

I put my truffle specked aged jamon through as 2 minute noodles.
Home brand ones.

And the weigh machines that ensure you're actually taking what you paid for - no wait I don't wish to put that melon there, I wanna not weighit and steal it.

Almost as bad as the idiots with a whole trolley in self serve scanning an item a minute.

or when you have a 10 box of UHT milk just to get told you have to take each one out and scan it separately.
Hope they enjoyed puting it back on the shelf.

In the UK they are taking out those self service machines as they were losing too much to "shrinkage". I bought a single airlock from Big W the other day and had two employees on me like the CIA as I put it through the checkout.

Unless they have two employees hovering, it's a good scam to have your dizzy blonde girlfriend chuck a poor little hopeless me with her hands waving in the air and eyes rolled to the ceiling then, as the employee goes to help her with the problem you (edit: with your separate trolley of course) rush through the truss tomatoes, mushrooms and French shallotts, while conveniently scanning through the chicken wings tray with the same sized tray of Scotch Fillets stuck to the bottom.

I took the kids shopping once and they were going silly, as they often ( ok very often ) do in public. I was pissed off and a bit frazzled. It was when I got back to the car I realised the two frozen chooks hadn't been scanned. Felt bad for about a nanosecond, then had a giggle to myself. I wondered how they didn't pick it up with the scanner things you walk through after checking out.

Back