Comercial tasting and Brewery visit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n87

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Last meet we discussed both a brewery(s) visit and having a commercial beer tasting.

I guess we will have to start by working on a date, and which to do first.

May 14/15
21/22
28/29 Beer show this weekend from memory.
June 4/5
11/12 (case swap on 11th)

I think the commercial tasting first, but open to both
Happy to host.

My calendar is not looking good - 12th is the only one free at the moment, with the possibility of either the 4th or 5th (can't say which day just yet).

But eager as hell to do this.

Ok, we're pushing through the month, and next week is GABS.

I'm going to be there at the 12pm-5pm session, so is Yogi Beer. I also have a few people from work coming - anybody else?

BJCP exam was yesterday, so that's out of the way (I won't know for 3-4 months if I am a beer judge - or not!).

I'm putting out the call - guys go have a look at your calendars and let's schedule something in.

Im not going to GABS.

but regarding the commercial beering, we stumbled across a new little bottle shop that has quite a nice range (and apparently growing)

Its on the pacific highway in the same area as hungry jacks, red rooster, that pub i cant remember the name of.
under the fitness place, next to the servo.

From having a chat to the owner, they took it over ~December, refurbed it and opened not that long ago.

Might be a place to hit up for some nice fresh commercial beers, maybe even a full tasting?

Sounds good - what if we each bring two beers, and post what we're bringing up-front so that there are no duplicates?

Alternately - we could do a more focussed session i.e. pick a BJCP 'area', and get and compare beers from that area? (This may be more 'beerducational')

Thoughts?

endisnigh said:
Sounds good - what if we each bring two beers, and post what we're bringing up-front so that there are no duplicates?

Alternately - we could do a more focussed session i.e. pick a BJCP 'area', and get and compare beers from that area? (This may be more 'beerducational')

Thoughts?

I think a hybrid of the 2 ideas there.
Either each bring 1 from each of the chosen 2 BJCP areas.
Or 1 from the BJCP area, and 1 random

n87 said:
I think a hybrid of the 2 ideas there.
Either each bring 1 from each of the chosen 2 BJCP areas.
Or 1 from the BJCP area, and 1 random
I like this - let's go with your second option - that way we have some interesting diversity.
:beer:

Now we just need to work our when, what style, who etc...

June 4/5
18/19
25/26

Bids in!

When there is beer at stake...

June 4/5
18/19
25/26

Now we just need the others to join in....

They're all dead Dave Dave they're all dead

Hello

At the risk of high jacking something I am keen on getting involved.

I have been on the coast for the last 3 years and been brewing AG for a bit longer than that and really would like to get involved with a club to improve my beer.

As luck would have it I have recently been on a run through Vic and have multiple samples of Holegate and Hargreaves hill beers.

working 4/5 but 24/25 of June is good at the moment.

The weekend 25/26 it is!
Welcome Peter

so, thoughts on style and Sat or Sun?

I think I prefer Sat, not sure yet.

Sunday if we can please! Happy to host too.....

Style? How about we start with a shortlist? (feel free to add to it)

European Sours
German Wheat Beers
Dark European Lager
Brown British Beer

Back