Columbus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UsernameTaken

Reaction score
I feel Columbus can over power my IPA but I do not want to remove it completely.

What ratio would you all use it for flavour in the whirlpool with Centennial and Simcoe?

Cheers,
UNT

Hmm, no responses so I'll add my 2c worth. My go to IPA is a 3 hop combo of Centennial, Columbus and Citra. I go 33% of each and I just love it. I find Simcoe gets a bit of a woody/oniony/cat urine character sometimes that I really don't like. The lychee/rosewater from the citra gives a real lift and adds another element.

If I go a 2 hop combo it's 2/3rds Centennial and 1/3rd Columbus.

Interesting. My last attempt was actually 80g Centennial and 40g each of Citra and Columbus and I found it a bit rich and lacking a sharp bitterness so I was planing on replacing the Citra for Simcoe and lowering the Columbus, 80/40/20!

Just poured furst glass of a colombus smash, 500g worth in 40L. Its got flavours I've never had from colombus. That piney resin taste is still there in the background but it has strong flavours of lemon and mango. Its effin delicious. Try a double dose on the colombus.

Back