Colonial Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rasputin543

Reaction score
Does anyone have a decent Colonial Pale Ale recipe, or an idea of the malts and hops used. Bloody love that beer and I'm too new to brewing to be able come close to it on my own.

You should email them and tell them how much you love that beer, they will likely give you a good guide to make one at home.

The only info I have found out about this beer is from Untappd:

https://untappd.com/b/colonial-brewing-co-pale-ale/1771760

"Colonial Brewing Co is super excited to introduce our newest creation! Despite our Altbier being a champion brew at the 2016 CBA's, we recognised it was time to rebrand this as “Dark Pale” in honour of its more challenging and malt driven complexity.
A brewery almost isn’t a brewery without a Pale Ale so it was a great opportunity to challenge ourselves to take Pales to a new level! How did we do this, with a barrage of hops of course! Rather than settling on American or Australian, the brewers worked tirelessly at a combination of both that is sure to please. American powerhouses Tomahawk and Simcoe are matched with Australian superstars Galaxy and Astra to give a balanced, light and fruity pale ale that's dangerously drinkable!"

Four hops, bloody hell . . .

Four hops, but in what quantities??

Canned Colonial Pale is a seriously addictive beer, right up there with Little Creatures on tap. 😊😊

Latest posts

Back