Coles Bargains!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbrandonvirg

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I went to Coles today, and they were selling "Wander" kits at $2.20 (going out of stock I think). So I bought the whole lot, which was about 8 cans. Any ideas as to what I could do with these bargains? My next project is to do a chilli beer, any hints would be great........

Cheers

i grab a coles tin every now and again, have not seen them for 2.5 tho :blink: and go the chilli, done that once or twice too ;)

some different ways to put chilli in your beer, i would check out http://www.byo.com and look in the archive link, there was some info there

pbrandonvirg said:
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I went to Coles today, and they were selling "Wander" kits at $2.20 (going out of stock I think). So I bought the whole lot, which was about 8 cans. Any ideas as to what I could do with these bargains? My next project is to do a chilli beer, any hints would be great........

Cheers
might help if y ou listed the style of kits....

....Thats if u can call Wander kits different styles :ph34r:

Ive never even heard of these wander kits. Are they just at Coles?

Ive seen them at that other great Home brewing Mecca!!!

"K-Mart"

ha, i did buy some kits from kmart a few years back, for about $2 each, about 5 of them, i put them down with brown sugar and some hopps i had left in the fridge and could not remember what it was... not a bad beer, i did larger it for about 2 months tho...

Any ideas as to what I could do with these bargains?

You could try an all kit brew, two or three cans together, depending on the styles you have.

Hey Warb,

Isn't your avatar Batz's fridge?

Regards
Dave

Wish it was Dave

Mine is much more Pilbara

hi dave
check out wheely keg under the pub.all is revealed

cheers
big d

there were 2 kinds of wanders style.... Munich, and bitter...there was also a brewiser wheat beer for $3.50 which I also picked up........

I'd use them for yeast starters.

Beers,
Doc

Actually, in the days when I did supermarket kits, the Wander Munich with some added crystal and some malt was quite a decent drop.

But now, like Doc, I'd use them for starters.

Thats being kind Doc, :lol:
I thought of a lot worse things to do with them! :unsure:

Cheers

I thought of a couple uses for those cans.

paper weights? door stops? ;)

Jayse

Ive got 2 jerries in CC from using savings brand draught. Both were 2 can brews. One I used the Wyeast 2007 and the other the saf ?34/70?.
Anyway, they were just so cheap I couldnt resist buying them and trying some lagering methods over winter.
The one with the 2007is not bad. The other one i will bottle in pet and give to my bro in law.
I have to admit after doing part mashes these kits just dont make the same beer.
I'm sure if there was nothing else available they would be great but I doubt very much if I bother with kits any more.
I have 3 more savings brand kits I dont know what to do with. Probably make a 3 can brew for the bro in law :D

cheers

Just use em to cultivate yeast :)
1 can, 10L of water, and you have enough stubbie starters to last you a year.

Latest posts

Back