• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cold Curing Containers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainbrewer

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to get containers for cold curing ie 20+ litre containers that I can add a tap to. My local brew shop is asking $20+ for these which I think is a bit steep. Any cheaper options would be great.

Bunnings have a couple of different types that are suitable.
I got 4 20 litre( actually hold 23) drums from a local Rally Driver he buys them full of distilled water to use in his radiator of his rally car and gives the empties away.

Cheers

There's a cure for the cold now? Nice!

Cospak in Sydney have 20l cubes for $7 each.

The only catch is that they are a wholesaler and you need to buy at least 10.

They also do drums that are suitable for fermenters (30l for $22).

I am looking at getting some stuff through them. If you are in Sydney let me know and we may be able to arrange something.

Cheers
Dave

hell id be in for another one for $7 maybe even 2 if its alright if i jump in on this one

barls said:
hell id be in for another one for $7 maybe even 2 if its alright if i jump in on this one
[post="67308"][/post]​

Oh dear.. I can see another bulk purchase coming up :)

With me organising <_<

They seem to have a good range of plastic stuff that could be adapted for brewing and a large selection of bottles (for those of us that still do).

I have emailed them and they are prepared to sell in smallish lots (10 or so) so we should be able to get something together.

I'll post something to the gear & equipment forum over the weekend with a link to the site and we can kick something off.

Cheers
Dave

Just a a quick look at their site. Nice range of large glass bottles too. Some fermentor sized. Interesting to know what price on them too.

Borret

sounds good mate ill keep watching

There is also a mob called DEX in Rydalmere that maybe worth talking to.

A few weeks ago Dicko posted a pic in a post of some decent looking drums from, I think, Team Systems in Melb. I sent them an email and the manufactruer in Sydney emailed back. He also indicated that he didn't mind "walk-ins" with cash - so could be a good source of drums and maybe cubes. Worth an email to him to see what he has. Below is the email trail I got from him to give you a gist of what he said. I was impressed that he went to this effort for a guy who was only after one 40l drum.

email trial - reads in reverse, as in first email at bottom:
Richard,

Thanks for the promo, yes we have a lot of "walk-ins" and we keep them in stock.

Office hours are 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Mon to Friday

Please note we do not accept plastic cards, but we still accept cash or cheque with identification.

Kind regards,

David Stephen

----- Original Message -----
To: Dex Australia
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:36 PM
Subject: RE: Plastic drum

Many thanks for reply.

I'll drop in and buy one. Do you do cash sales.

I've also posted your details on Australia's largest Home Brewer forum. A lot for home brewers need plastic drums, etc.

Thanks again.

Richard.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 2:03 PM
To: Richard, AU
Subject: Plastic drum

Richard,

We are the manufacturers of the drum in question and we have our factory at Rydalmere.

Team Systems are our Melbourne distributor. The bin and lid trades at $48.00 each plus gst.

We keep natural (white) in stock of this product. You may also consider the CS45 which has a heavier wall section

but is tapered. This bin trades at $31.00 each and the lid another $14.00 ea. plus gst in both cases.

Our telephone number here is 96384071 addressed at 11 Euston Street, Rydalmere, NSW 2116.

Regards,
David Stephen

General Manager

Dex Australia Pty. Ltd.

Hope this helps.

Richard.

Latest posts

Back