Cold Crashing For A Month

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clutch

Brew your own beer, you'll save money.
Reaction score
I'm off to Europe for a month so rather than let the 3 brews I've got going sit on the the yeast for 4 weeks, I've racked them into cubes and they're sitting at about 2C until I get back.
I've got concerns about them carbing up once they're bottled, does anyone have experience with bottle carbing issues after CC'ing for so long?

I've got 2 S23 Lagers and a Wyeast Kolsch recipe. All 20l batches.
If it's going to be an issue, what yeast and how much should I re-pitch to get them carbed up?

Have done a few brews at 0-2 for 3-4 weeks with no major issues bottle carbing afterwards. I only ever re-seed beers that sit for a year or more (sour beers, Belgian Dark strong etc)

same did 3-4 months at 1 degree no problems carbing up.

I did exactly that last year.
Fermented a batch for 3 weeks, then cold crashed/lagered it for 7 weeks while OS.
It carbonated fine, just took a little longer because of the then ambient winter temperatures after bottling.

Good news guys, thanks.

Should I let the beer get to room temp before bottling, or bottle straight from the fridge?

I would bottle it straight from the fridge. All of my beers get chilled then bottled or kegged cold no problems. Also it's nicer to drink a pint when it's cold. Gotta taste it now not wait 4 weeks

Latest posts

Back