• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cold Conditioning Fridge Or Freezer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardy

Reaction score
So far i have only brewed Ales because i haven't had a fridge (one that doesn't belong to the wife!) to cold condition lagers in. Well the time has come to invest in a fridge/freezer, and i just wanted some opinions on what is the best to invest in.

I've read most of the posts and seen all your fabulous setups with your chest freezers, thermostats, microphones etc. I was wondering why you went the freezer options (which i would assume are designed to go well below zero) as opposed to fridges, which would be around 2 - 4C.

Any tips you've got on what i should do for a proper cold conditioning setup i would greatly appreciate it, especially with regard to thermostat control and where you find thermostats?

Cheers

The reason people go for a chest freezer is size , I have a fridge , but can only fit one fermenter and two CC jerrys in it at the one time.
I am currently on the look out for a large chest freezer , the thermostats are avaliable at grain and grape , grumpys and many other HB shops
What I have and I think you will find most use are called fan controllers , around $100
Batz

i just got a new controler for the freezer, $47 and its adjustable. calibrated etc, i turn it to 10deg and today it was 10.0 deg, it has adjustable hyisterisisisis how ever its spelt.

I got it from a fridge supplyer

i can supply name etc if in victoria

Please. I'm sure they are available elsewhere. Got a product number, manufacturer?

JD

Hi Ben, Thanks for the info. I'm in VIC so any info on fridge suppliers would be great, as i am dying to get a CC setup by this weekend.

cheers

Ben said:
i just got a new controler for the freezer, $47 and its adjustable. calibrated etc, i turn it to 10deg and today it was 10.0 deg, it has adjustable hyisterisisisis how ever its spelt.

I got it from a fridge supplyer

i can supply name etc if in victoria
Ben

i am interested too.

what about a web page etc....

Count me in....I am interested as I will be up for another soon

Back