Coke kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dxxxx

Reaction score
Hello everyone,got my hands on a few coca cola kegs and was doing some reading about the connectors. Is it right that I can't use the regular pin lock connects? I think I read they don't fit properly.

The pin lock kegs that have been mentioned in the last few weeks are fairly uncommon.

The most common coke kegs have rubber protecting the top and bottom of the keg. The connectors are very common, costing $10 - $20 depending on where you are.

They look like this (pin lock).
cornelius-kegB.gif

If your kegs look similar to this http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/71869-fs-syd-6x-mytton-rodd-style-pinlock-kegs/
You're probably SOL.

That F/S threads was one I was looking at. They are rheem coca cola kegs with the screw top. Can the posts be changed?

I took a photo of the kegs I have. Is there a way to use it?

I don't have pinlock kegs so I really don't think I'm much help.

I think you may have the same kegs as the person in that thread. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong though.

The posts can be changed and I have seen some done. I think though that by the time you add up keg purchase price plus conversion you are better off just buying ball lock kegs from one of the sponsors. If you got your Rheem kegs for free it may be a different story.

Dxxxx said:
I took a photo of the kegs I have. Is there a way to use it?
Hi mate,
Are you looking for Corny kegs with Pink lock ?
If so i can swap for the ones you have as i purchased some by mistake and use the ones u have
$13.95 each for postage as i checked out the Post Office today for king kong
PM if you want..
cheers

Tiprat said:
Hi mate,
Are you looking for Corny kegs with Pink lock ?
If so i can swap for the ones you have as i purchased some by mistake and use the ones u have
$13.95 each for postage as i checked out the Post Office today for king kong
PM if you want..
cheers
Are these the regular pin lock kind? That I can get off ebay and what not?
I've managed to sort out enough connections to use 2 of the 3 kegs I bought. Willing to swap the last one if you will get use out of it.
They will probably need a bit of TLC. This is my first time using kegs, so I'm not sure whats required, probably new seals at least.

Back