Coffs/Clarence and surrounds Brew Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Reaction score
Hi All,
Just wondering if any brewers in the Coffs/Clarence area would be interested in forming a club for local brewers?
I've PM'd the Coffs Show society on facebook asking if they'd be willing to put up a sign calling out for members next to the beer section at the show next month
I know the Grafton show is coming up soon too if anyone up that way wants to put up a flyer too?

I'll be calling into Coffs Homebrewing sometime this week to see if Geoff would be happy for me to put a flyer up in there too
Hopefully if we get enough members and enough momentum, we can convince Geoff to start stocking a decent amount of grain too!

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, just leave them here or PM me

Cheers!
Daniel

All the best with forming a group. Don't forget that if you are ever heading down Sydneywards we are only 10 mins off hwy.

finally got round to making the flyer for the coffs show and though i'd post it up here
I've gotten a few interested persons, but hopefully this should drum up some more interest in the general public and get the word out
0CV6Kyrl.jpg

(note, i've changed the top lines so it's not basically asking the same question twice)

I was just thinking of asking if there was anyone in the Coffs area interested in some kind of brew club, and a quick search brought me here. I live about 20 mins from Bello / 45 from Coffs, at Gleniffer, at the base of the dorrigo national park.

Where do i sign up??

I'm an AG BIAB no-chill kinda guy, order sacks of grain through Geoff, nice guy, but seems to have little knowledge/interest in Ag.

Have you tried speaking to the Bellingen Brewery guy(forgotten his name)? Hes usually pretty keen to talk beer, might be able to sweet talk him into some bulk buys, last i checked he drives up to craftbrewer a couplr times a year with a trailer and gets a few hundred kg's of grain at a time :)

The Bellingen show also does a homebrew section, worth getting in touch with them for promotion.

There will be some flyers at the coffs show this weekend which will hopefully get the name out
here is the final version

gallery_19668_1003_387223.jpg

It may be a little hard to get Richard to do bulk buys, from what i was told last time i was at Murray's, a brewery has to account for the output of all alcohol created from the grain they have purchased
but he might be able to do it off the clock, who knows
It would be great to get onto him and see if he'd be happy to do some talks about the brewery and bigger scale brewing in a commercial environment

Trying to figure out potential meeting places and The Bayldon Community Centre and The Boambee Community Centre come to mind, they're both a lot less booked out than the ones in town (plus that way i can stumble back home on foot if we get rowdy...)

I'm going to leave membership open to beer, wine, cider and all other fermented beverage/food brewers/chefs/cooks but I'd rather leave the firewater makers out of things as it is a little legally dodgy
If anyone you know would be interested let them know too

I've started a club email at [email protected] any questions, suggestions, offers of sexy women are right to go there :)

G'day Dan.

Would like to join & of course if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Regards;

Matt

Count me in.

Althought it makes it had to get back to grafton after a meet....

Awesome, Will try and get a meetup or something organised soon :)
I'll bring some flyers up to you soon Matt, just need to print some off

Hi Sp0rk,

I am new to home brew and interested in meeting up with some Coffs locals that are doing AG to get some pointers as I am just starting to put my 3 vessel AG setup together. Count me in!

Hi Sp0rk,

I am new to home brew and interested in meeting up with some Coffs locals that are doing AG to get some pointers as I am just starting to put my 3 vessel AG setup together. Count me in!

New to home brew and you're doing a 3V rig?
Sounds awesome!
We're hopefully doing a BIAB demo day very soon, and I'm hoping to do a meet up some time in the near future as well :)
I'll let you all know the date for the BIAB demo in the next few days

sp0rk said:
New to home brew and you're doing a 3V rig?
Sounds awesome!
We're hopefully doing a BIAB demo day very soon, and I'm hoping to do a meet up some time in the near future as well :)
I'll let you all know the date for the BIAB demo in the next few days
Hi all, I'm based in Coffs Harbour also and would be great to meet up with a few other brewers!! Happy to support any demo'a happening too. I' ll keep an eye out here to see how it goes!
Shane

skelly22 said:
Hi all, I'm based in Coffs Harbour also and would be great to meet up with a few other brewers!! Happy to support any demo'a happening too. I' ll keep an eye out here to see how it goes!
Shane
Next meeting in 28 days but who's counting :)

Brew Matt said:
Next meeting in 28 days but who's counting :)
Excellent!! so what do i have to do to get involved? I sent spork an email already so I'll see how that goes!!

I will let Sp0rk bring you up to speed..... to get involved new members just have to complete the mash paddle initiation ceremony.

The next meeting will either be on the 7th or the 21st of September, depending on what's good with everyone else
I'm thinking for the next meeting, everyone bring along a bottle or 2 of their own, and we'll do a analysis day (and just generally prattle on about beer)
Any other thoughts/suggestions on what people want for the next meeting?

Back