Coca-cola Recipe Revealed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA! Be interesting to give this one a try. To be honest though, for a few bucks a bottle... why bother?

Cheers - boingk

EDIT: Nice avatar - the IT Crowd, right?

An exact recipe that lists "sugar 30 (it is unclear from the markings what quantity is required)". Good luck mixing that up.

This is old news, anyway.

even if the Pendergrast version were the original, Coca-Cola would still be right about the "not accurate" part. Changes were made to the recipe between the time Pemberton marketed it in 1886 and Woodruff in the 1920s made it company canon that the formula would hereafter not be tinkered with: glycerin was added as a preservative, cocaine was eliminated, caffeine was greatly reduced, and citric acid was replaced with phosphoric acid, to name the changes we know about. Therefore, even if the Pendergrast version were dead on, it still would not be the formulation currently in use, because important changes were later made to it.

I prefer Regal Cola from ALDI

Peak_Beer.JPG

I'm still taking off the 23 kilos.

I prefer Regal Cola from ALDI

View attachment 44060

I'm still taking off the 23 kilos.

WTF Bribie, I thought our office was bad. We go through about 1 30 pack of Coke zero cans a week. I get some strange looks when I am carrying one or two cubes in the elevator. I simply explain my staff have a bad coke habit.

Cheers

Paul

When jimmys food factory does the rounds on the BBC knowledge channel, there is an attempt to clone coke in one of the eps, not sure how authentic that is but IIRC he uses lavender oil in there.

Hey.. the article was written by one Daniel Bates !
I went to school with a kid named the very same, though for someone reason everyone called him Mazda, but I thought he drove a Toyota ?

i think i am going to clone the original recipe of this but it says it has a small addition of cocain.. anyone know where i can source this :lol:

WTF Bribie, I thought our office was bad. We go through about 1 30 pack of Coke zero cans a week. I get some strange looks when I am carrying one or two cubes in the elevator. I simply explain my staff have a bad coke habit.

Cheers

Paul

Its what he bottles his beer in. Not sure he even drinks the stuff. That pic has been doing the rounds for a least a couple of years. Any excuse, huh Bribie? ;) :D

WTH are you doing with all that 'Family cola'? You could run a frac'ing operation with that stuff. Shake bottle, open/stick neck down in ground, wait for oil/gas to appear.

re: the OP. The cynic in me feels that this 'story' is just instant marketing for Coca-Cola whether originally intended or not. But the world we live isn't mean spirited and manipulative like that really is it? :ph34r:

WTH are you doing with all that 'Family cola'? You could run a frac'ing operation with that stuff. Shake bottle, open/stick neck down in ground, wait for oil/gas to appear.

re: the OP. The cynic in me feels that this 'story' is just instant marketing for Coca-Cola whether originally intended or not. But the world we live isn't mean spirited and manipulative like that really is it? :ph34r:

makes sense i feel like a coke right now :lol:

They expected people to believe Coke has nutmeg oil? and coriander?
why not? it's not like the small quantities added would throw off the balance, what with the copious amounts of sugar it has in it.

If this really were the coca-cola recipe, i'd expect a bit more coverage on it.

Latest posts

Back