Co2 Tank Questions (south Brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGibbon

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im just setting up my first kegging operation and I have picked up a CO2 tank off ebay.

My questions:
1. Its got some rust on the outside, will anyone care if I strip it back and repaint it?

2. Anyone know where around the south of Brisbane (Moorooka / Salisbury Area) I can get it certified and filled?

Thanks guys!
Gib

I would be careful about stripping and re painting, just be sure that it is within date. When was it last inspected???

Ive no idea when it was inspected last.
Any advice would be great. I'm heading to Brewers Choice in Wacol tomorrow morning anyway, I'll take it with me.

I'm in Moorooka, South-side of Brisbane, not South Brisbane sorry :)

Cheers

Here are a couple of shots of it:

9eNsAl.jpg

bDMFel.jpg

F8Rl9l.jpg

Ive no idea when it was inspected last.
Any advice would be great. I'm heading to Brewers Choice in Wacol tomorrow morning anyway, I'll take it with me.

I'm in Moorooka, South-side of Brisbane, not South Brisbane sorry :)

Cheers

Here are a couple of shots of it:

9eNsAl.jpg

bDMFel.jpg

F8Rl9l.jpg

You may have bought it on ebay but by the look of it Liquid Air may still actually own it.
This may pose a problem with getting it filled.

Cheers

Thanks for that, took it to a brew shop and they said the same.
Bummer, looks like a refund is on the cards.

cheers for the advice.

So what do most people do?

Swap and go?

Buy outright?

Thanks

Where is the best place to buy outright?
Cheers!

I got a 6kg delivered & full from keg king for $250 about 15 months ago. Dunno if they still have free shipping but that was the cheapest I could find at the time by a long way.

I got a 6kg delivered & full from keg king for $250 about 15 months ago. Dunno if they still have free shipping but that was the cheapest I could find at the time by a long way.

Yes, that's a great price.

Do competitors only fill up their own bottles, would buying one brand make it difficult to fill up somewhere else?

Thanks for the advice so far guys!

it is hard to find someone who will fill up others bottles, or bottles that they don't know. Tht is why I just hire from boc at Wacol. I hire a 10kg and it has lasted 18 months so far with a fair bit of beer force carbed and served. 15 a month I think, but 6kg is cheaper.quote name='MrGibbon' date='Jan 6 2013, 08:35 PM' post='986962']
Do competitors only fill up their own bottles, would buying one brand make it difficult to fill up somewhere else?

Thanks for the advice so far guys!
[/quote]

Back