Co2 supplier / home brew shop Western suburbs Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcurnow

Brewnut
Reaction score
Hi All, just looking for some tips on good home brew shops in Brisbane and specifically close to the western suburbs. I have just moved up here from Melbourne and now need to find a decent HB store where I can get stuff from. I also need to pick up a cylinder of CO2 for kegging.

Any tips or pointers on good places would be appreciated.

Cheers

How far west?

I'm in Indooroopilly, and the local Brewer's Choice just shut up shop. They are a chain though, so there's one in Wacol and one in Ipswich. They do supply Co2 in the Wacol shop.

www.brewerschoice.com.au

cheers,

Im in Toowong and drove out to the old HB store i remember at Chapel Hill a couple of weeks ago to find its closed.
What are the other good HB stores in Brissie other than chains like brewers choice?

Brewnut said:
cheers,

Im in Toowong and drove out to the old HB store i remember at Chapel Hill a couple of weeks ago to find its closed.
What are the other good HB stores in Brissie other than chains like brewers choice?

There's Craftbrewer in Capalaba (www.craftbrewer.com.au), they are a sponsor here from memory and are known to be a good bunch.
Also in Capalaba, there's Tru Brew (www.tru-brew.com.au); never been there, I have no opinion.
There's Annerley home-brew in Annerley. Again, never been there, I have no opinion.

I'm at Ferny Grove.

Unfortunately the west side (and let's face it, the North side) isn't much of a place to buy.

Craftbrewer are fantastic, but a hike. Hoppy days are great, it's just that he runs it from his home until he's big enough to make a shop. Delivery is unbelievably reasonable to this side of town (heck, basically not much much than the fuel), and works if you can amortise it over the cost of many ingredients. Otherwise, he is at Zillmere and may allow pick up. Or his bulk buys are the time to grab some other stuff at the same time.

Craftbrewer at Capalaba would be the pick and if you can get onto Old Cleveland Road you can get there toll free. For orders under 20kg for example spec grains, hops, yeast etc I used to find it cheaper to get it delivered by Fastway, rather than drive and use petrol / wear and tear etc.

I'd recommend at least one drive over there to check it out.

just take the drive to craftbrewer it's worth the little extra time

better yet move to the southside and save the drive time for HB supplies :)
it's the better side of Brisbane anyway.....

toowong = Too far away

+1 for Craftbrewer - you can get a pretty good run from Toowong to Capalaba along the SE freeway and they are open for the half day on a Saturday. Get your yeasts, grains and staples there once a month or so if you are organised. Nice folks too.

Keep an eye out on the Bulk Grain buys in AHB Sponsors Shop/Sponsor Bulk Buys are as Steve from Hoppy Days has a bulk buy offer about every six to eight weeks and you can get sacks of grain for really good prices and also arrange to purchase other stocks from their web site. Pick up is at Steve's place in Zillmere and he is a true gentleman to deal with. Zillmere about twenty minutes from Toowong off-peak.

Does craft brewer fill has bottles? Approx cost?

There is a filling up place on Zillmere Road - one of those Bru4U type places, and they're cheap. If you were going past hoppy days, you could kill 2 birds with one stone. Not sure if they do immediate.

If I had a my keg on legs bottle, I would probably have another reason to head down to the southside - not that I need too many :D

Back