CO2 Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willard

Reaction score
My old (15 years) Andale regulator is leaking. I have tried to fix it by replacing seals, etc but i think it will be easier to replace it with a more modern regulator. At the moment it is costing me a furtune in lost gas!

I understand some models prevent back flow of beer into the regulator, which is probably a good safeguard to have.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good model that is reasonably priced? And do you know the best supplier?

I usually buy my stuff from Keg King but don't like the look of their base regulator (see attached).

All comments will be appreciated...thanks.

I love my Tesuco the single is about $75 but the double is good value for $150. I have read some people who has had problems. However, I have never had a problem with it and is easy to adjust.

There are obviously others on the market but I usually look for the best bang for the buck and this one ticks all the boxes for me.

i'm in love with my keg king multi gas (about 60-70 bucks if memory serves) best reg i've had, sh!ts all over the micromatic i had that always creeped. 40 dollar dorados are worth about 10 bucks ( i use one on my portable system) , but i hear good things about tesuco too...

have you priced a new andale? if you've gotten 15 years out of your first one... it may be worthwhile getting another..

I replaced my tesuco (started creeping) with a micromatic. Much better regulator, has a pressure relief valve, and relieves pressure as you wind down the regulator too but the knob is harder to turn. Only 79$ or so on eBay

Und it's German Ja ;)

Tesuco/Micromatic/KegKing/Harris whatever.

My theory/analogy: Some people own a Ford and say its the best car they've ever owned. Someone else owns a Ford says it's the biggest piece of shit in the southern hemisphere. Same thing goes for all other car manufacturers.

You're always going to hear some people say this regulator, that regulator is crap, whilst someone with the same regulator thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. Mind you, most people are biased towards their regulator 'brand' if it serves them well, despite never owning another brand but they're the first to jump on the bandwagon calling it a shitbox.

You'll hear positive and negative things about just about every regulator on the market mate, and the more searching you do, you'll just read more positive and negative opinions.

My opinion, just buy whatever suits your budget, keep the receipt and hope for the best :)

Just my 2 cents :drinks:

I have had 2 Tesuco's for 2 years and bought a micromatic 2 months ago. IMO micromatic is a much better reg.

Both TheTesuco's creeped for one......and as you pour a beer they don't release gas until the pressure falls about 5 kpa lower than what it's set at......

Cheers

Thanks for the quick response gents, this gives me a couple of options...thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Back