CO2 regulator purchase advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross said:
Personally i wouldn't touch Tesuco with a barge pole, notorious for pressure drifting, which is the last thing you want when trying to balance your system.
You can't go wrong with Micromatic or Harris, both quality brands.

Cheers Ross
Only been kegging about a year and got a kegging kit that had a Tesuco. The pressure did move around slightly but having never kegged before thought maybe it was something I had done incorrectly. Anyway, a few weeks ago I pulled out an empty keg not realising the gas line had tangled around the gas bottle. The gas bottle tumbled out smashing the reg. Went to my LHBS and he had a second hand Keg King he said had dispensed two kegs so I bought it for $50. Once set, this thing does not budge. Only (tiny) issue is, being in psi rather than kpa, the slightest adjustment significantly changes the pour, but not really an issue because, as I said, it does move at all so no need to touch once it's set. Also has a handy shut off valve between the bottle and reg so easy to flick the gas off if not using for a few days to negate any potential leaks.

ian_2005 said:
+1 for the Keg King

It Also gives you the benefit of adding a second regulator so you can run 2 kegs at the same time, this is what I ended up doing

You can probably do the same with other regs, but this was a cheap way of doing things

Slightly off topic.....At $45 that is a bargain, does anyone have a link ?? I paid $69 each from memory
Don't know what the price is these days but last year I got mine for 50 in springvale, melbourne, then they do 10% off for cash.

No creep at all, and I take mine to parties where idiots kick it and drop my gas bottle on it and stuff (sometimes the idiot is me).

Thanks for everyones replies.
Looks like I will go for a KegKing one and maybe consider piggy-backing a second further down the track. Looks to be the best price and everyone seems pretty happy.

ian_2005 said:
Thanks Surley, I have bought from this seller before, and he is great, top quality and quick postage
i can also recommend that seller. sorted me out quickly with another product and then his service was impeccable when first item had manufacturing fault.

Back