Co2 refils sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
So I have acquired a co2 cylinder, its still in date but don't have a account with the company.

any one know where I can get it refilled in Sydney?

There's a fire extinguisher service place on Princes Highway that might be close-ish to you.
But you need to leave it with them and they aren't cheap.

What type of bottle is it?
The Brew Shop at Peakhurst do swaps for Keg King bottles.

Otherwise I get mine filled at an aquarium on Bourke St in Surry Hills.

Forget the fire extinguisher place in Tempe!

Assholes quoted Jammer recently something like $65 for a 2.6Kg fill.

I called them last year and they didn't seem interested. They said I would have to wait three days!

Does the aquarium in Bourke street fill to capacity? The one near me on king street in newtown only transferred gas and not liquid co2 - thought I must have a leak in my setup. Second time I went there I weighed my empty bottle before and after - only 700 grams of gas!

from there web site...

We are able to refill customer owned CO2 cylinders. We cannot refill cylinders belonging to other suppliers.

bummer

NewtownClown said:
Forget the fire extinguisher place in Tempe!

Assholes quoted Jammer recently something like $65 for a 2.6Kg fill.

I called them last year and they didn't seem interested. They said I would have to wait three days!

Does the aquarium in Bourke street fill to capacity? The one near me on king street in newtown only transferred gas and not liquid co2 - thought I must have a leak in my setup. Second time I went there I weighed my empty bottle before and after - only 700 grams of gas!
The guys in Bourke St weigh it after filling, in front of you.

This bottle you acquired, does it belong to someone like BOC which you don't have an account with?
If so, nobody will fill it for you unless you find someone real dodgy.

Back