Co2 Refills In Launceston

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlm

Reaction score
I'm moving down to Launceston (Yes! Another ******* mainlander!) in a few weeks and am contemplating bits of my brewery to cull before the big move. My keg setup currently uses a my keg on legs bottle, any brewers in the area know If I 'll be able to get it refilled or am I better of selling it before I go?

Hi Mate,

There is a place here (Chubb Fire) that will fill them for $50, drop it off one day and pick it up the next.

It will be good to have another brewer in the area.

Cheers,
Paul

Thanks Paul, that's going on the keep list then. While I'm on the topic of moving, I'll have a little bit of space in the container so if anyone wants to save on freight on small heavy items from craftbrewer let me know, don't have the room for huge items but if you've been looking at a mill or if a few people want to split a bucket of PBW or anything like that let me know, we're arriving 5/12.

Digging this up again...Anyone Launceston area brewers interested in splitting a bucket of PBW if I bring it down with me? I figure if we get 5 including myself it works out at a bit over $70 for about 5 kilos each. Pretty good price......

Digging this up again...Anyone Launceston area brewers interested in splitting a bucket of PBW if I bring it down with me? I figure if we get 5 including myself it works out at a bit over $70 for about 5 kilos each. Pretty good price......

I'd be interested in that.

Allrighty then....Lets get this started
1.jlm
2.Spork

Any southerners who want in, I'll be heading down to the Huon after xmas, I suppose if the numbers are short up here I could arrange a drop off somewhere convienient like, oh I don't know, The New Sydney or something.

Hi folks
Sorry for digging this thread up again but I've just emptied my co2 for the first time. Just wondering if Chubb fill the keg king cylinders or even if there is anywhere filling on the coast, I'm in Devonport.
CheersTaz

Hi folks
Sorry for digging this thread up again but I've just emptied my co2 for the first time. Just wondering if Chubb fill the keg king cylinders or even if there is anywhere filling on the coast, I'm in Devonport.
CheersTaz

They should fill any sized cylinder as long as its in date.

Chubb refilled mine (Keg king).
Forget BOC though, Cnuts. Only do their own.

Thanks for the info.
I found out this morning a workmate is heading to Hobart for a course tomorrow so i will send it to Safety and Fire equipment at Derwent Park. I gave them a ring and they said about $30 for 2.6kg fill.
Might have to buy another 2.6kg or maybe just a sodastream bottle for my portable setup that i'm building, but first things first make sure i fix any bloody leaks. It's no good with all that beer in kegs and not being able to drink it :(

Cheers
Taz

Thanks for the info.
I found out this morning a workmate is heading to Hobart for a course tomorrow so i will send it to Safety and Fire equipment at Derwent Park. I gave them a ring and they said about $30 for 2.6kg fill.
Might have to buy another 2.6kg or maybe just a sodastream bottle for my portable setup that i'm building, but first things first make sure i fix any bloody leaks. It's no good with all that beer in kegs and not being able to drink it :(

Cheers
Taz

SAFE is the cheapest I have found anywhere for bottles and refills

I get mine filled in Hobart, usually have you drop it off one day and pick up the next. But if you ring in advance you may get it filled the same day.

When i rang the woman told me that they usually do CO2 fills on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Back