Co2 Refills In East Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unco_tomato

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered recently, but the only threads I could find were years old and the stores mentioned were either now out of business or don't do refills any more, only swaps.

I purchased a 10KG CO2 tank about 3 months ago, and it now needs a refill. Aquariums won't fill it as it's too big, and most home brew stores are only offering swaps or fills on 2KG tanks.

Does anyone know of any place to get my tank filled in or around Kensington (2033)? Price isn't a huge deal, as long as it's reasonable. Does anyone know of any?

If not I'm happy to trade my brand new tank in a swap, but most shops won't swap a tank out for a privately owned one, so even that could be difficult.

Don't let me down east-siders!

not the eastern suburbs but not really too far to drive

Speedgas

cheers steve

10kg in 3 months! man you must pour some serious amounts of beer! (or have a leaky system - assuming that cylinder was full when you bought it)

NSW Fire Extinguisher 595/615 Princes Hwy Tempe does fills.

My experience with them: They're not very friendly, they take several days to fill, they're expensive. Which, when I see the late model Mercedes sports car in their driveway makes me bitter.

I prefer swapping.

Yep, after finding only two Aquariums in the city that would touch my 6.8Kg keg, and having the hide to quote $35/kg, I've just picked up a second tank from Kegs on Legs (as they wouldn't let me swap my current 6.8kg tank).

Looks like I'll need to find a buyer for my "old" 6.8kg tank now...

Thanks for the help guys.

10kg in 3 months! man you must pour some serious amounts of beer! (or have a leaky system - assuming that cylinder was full when you bought it)

Yer, I think I must have bumped something inside my fridge the other night because all my kegs are empty of pressure too. Not sure what it could have been, but I've disconnected and reconnected everything back up now, and the new tank is going to go on tonight for testing.

Latest posts

Back