Co2 Gas Charger

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Fluid

Beer Snob
Reaction score
Can someone please give confirmation that This Gas Bulb will suit this Charger?

I can't seem to find any cheaper ones around but don't want to order these unless I know for certain they will fit. Just going to carb kegs from a bottle then use a couple of these bulbs to dispense with.

I have one which I haven't used yet and it specifically says not to use threaded cartridges.

(which is different to what the CB site says, and the charger definitely looks like it should used threaded so who knows)

That's a good price and should fit no worries.
These are great, Makes taking beer to parties so much easier. I use a 9L keg which I put in a cooler bag with ice and have the charger and tap on the top. I also use them on a esky set which holds 2 x 19L kegs and has taps on the front which works great as well but obviously uses more canisters.

These are great, Makes taking beer to parties so much easier. I use a 9L keg which I put in a cooler bag with ice and have the charger and tap on the top. I also use them on a esky set which holds 2 x 19L kegs and has taps on the front which works great as well but obviously uses more canisters.

Thanks, yeah I am only looking at doing something portable.

For some reason I can't open the finewhip link
but you want a 16g threaded.

You can also buy them, in singles and in bulk from any good bike store.

My local bike store sell them for about a third of the price my LHBS sells them for

So if you take a 9L to a party would you need just one bulb or a couple?
Sounds a lot easier than lugging my soda stream and reg.

So if you take a 9L to a party would you need just one bulb or a couple?
Sounds a lot easier than lugging my soda stream and reg.

Anytime i've taken my charger and bulb setup with a full and fully gassed 19L keg, when pressure begins to subside i give it a quick squirt and only end up using 1 bulb to dispense the whole thing. I've taken fully gassed half kegs too and end up not using it at all.

Edit: So i'd imagine a 9L fully gassed you'd probably not need one... and at most only 1 once pressure drops off.

Can someone please give confirmation that This Gas Bulb will suit this Charger?

I can't seem to find any cheaper ones around but don't want to order these unless I know for certain they will fit. Just going to carb kegs from a bottle then use a couple of these bulbs to dispense with.

They do take both though i stick with the threaded ones that were supplied. Picked up mine from KK for a little less with a bulb included....

I have read/heard that only 1 16g bulb for a 9L and 2 for 19L. However, I like what Argon says better :)

I have read/heard that only 1 16g bulb for a 9L and 2 for 19L. However, I like what Argon says better :)

$2.00 for a 9lt keg night, I'm happy with that.

For some reason I can't open the finewhip link
but you want a 16g threaded.

You can also buy them, in singles and in bulk from any good bike store.

My local bike store sell them for about a third of the price my LHBS sells them for

I doubt they would be food grade though. I know you used to be able to buy them at the supermarket but can't recall seeing them now for quite some time.

$2.00 for a 9lt keg night, I'm happy with that.

Yeah that's what is appealing to me and less cumbersome. I have plans for either a 9L or 19L with bronco tap and one of these chargers to dispense. I have a SS coil I'll stick in the bottom of an esky with an ice slurry mix and Robert's my Mother's brother :icon_drunk:

have been using the bike ones for a while now, as far as im concerned CO2 is CO2, good enough for me. No ill effects. Took one on a trip up north 2x chargers 1x 19l keg over 4 days beer tasted fabulous :p

I doubt they would be food grade though. I know you used to be able to buy them at the supermarket but can't recall seeing them now for quite some time.
I've seen boxes of them in Target next to those load of shit Beer Machine thingos. Don't recall the price or if they're threaded... But worth a look.

I can dispense most of a 19L keg with 1 bulb, but obviously not keeping same high lvl carbonation. Si it works well with english beers etc

Edits. Thats a great price. U need threaded bulbs for the cb co2 charger

I've seen boxes of them in Target next to those load of shit Beer Machine thingos. Don't recall the price or if they're threaded... But worth a look.

I never thought of Kmart or Target.... thanks for the heads up!

Back