Co2 disaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozdevil

Reaction score
gday all

Well the mrs who dont like beer or lets say alcahol said why dont ya get 2 bottles just incase

of course i didnt listen and had to happen over xmas

i'm not fussed to much as there would only be 1/2 a keg remaining but wont be able to get co2 till wednesday

at the moment i am using a soda stream bottle and have some co2 bulbs obviously the co2 bulbs i dont want to wast on 19l kegs for 1/2 a keg if that

will my brew survive or do i have to drink as much as i can before the co2 runs out..

lesson learned make sure you have enough co2 for xmas and easter time lol

cheers and not so many brews now i may have to go onto commercial beer

ozdevil

gday all

Well the mrs who dont like beer or lets say alcahol said why dont ya get 2 bottles just incase

of course i didnt listen and had to happen over xmas

i'm not fussed to much as there would only be 1/2 a keg remaining but wont be able to get co2 till wednesday

at the moment i am using a soda stream bottle and have some co2 bulbs obviously the co2 bulbs i dont want to wast on 19l kegs for 1/2 a keg if that

will my brew survive or do i have to drink as much as i can before the co2 runs out..

lesson learned make sure you have enough co2 for xmas and easter time lol

cheers and not so many brews now i may have to go onto commercial beer

ozdevil
If the keg is sealed and has been dispensing using co2 then nothing can "go wrong" with what's left inside the keg, as it's sealed. I store kegs of beer for months sometimes and no issues. I have a pilsner been on tap 2 months pouring, no issues.

The small co2 bulb will probably push that 1/2 keg of beer, as you only really need to displace the volume of the beer being removed.

But if you aren't in a hurry to drink it, then yeah wait till Wednesday and get a new bottle then!

I have a 6kg and a 2.7kg bottle just in case.

Just thought I would add, if you have a keg or in this case half a keg and intended to consume it within a few days (3-4 days, possibly 5 at a push) you can always dispense it with air using a bicycle pump. Worth bearing in mind if you run out of co2.

Just a thought, weigh your cylinder to find out how much is left in it, the primary gauge on co2 reg's is useless for content, a 6kg cylinder has 6kg of gas, at 50% empty the reg will still show full, weigh a full one then you will know just how much gas has been used. Bathroom scales will do as a cheap solution, or 50Kg Digital Postal Scale Blue Lcd Display Stainless Steel Post 2G Graduation | eBay which is what I use for a more accurate result.

Back