Co2 Cyclinders

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenlock

Reaction score
Went into the local Bunnings today and hidden behind the service counter were CO2 Cyclinders.
540g for purchase @ $76 and swap for ~$16.
How many kegs would this last? Or are they just handy for party kegs?

Nice find and they may be good for brewers who only use co2 to dispense. A sodastream cylinder is 330g and will carb and dispense about 2 kegs, so they may do about 3 or 4 kegs.

Would still be more economical to buy a kegs on legs cylinder.

They are the same as 20oz paintball cylinders and have an O-ring seal around the neck. Of course, the convenience is that you can swap & go at any Bunnings store.

http://www.ppba.com.au/Cylinders.htm

The gas price works out to be pretty similar to using Soda Stream ones. Apparently they fit Soda Stream adapters. Have a search around the forums, they've been discussed here before somewhere.

Thanks Jye and Afromaiko. I have seen the posts on soda stream and keg on legs. Thought also that these might suit party goers out there.

can anyone confirm these fit the soda stream adapters ?

cheers :)

Are these the cylinders that you were looking at. You can purchase a regulator and hose for it as well.
Not sure if they fit onto sodastream fittings though.

can anyone confirm these fit the soda stream adapters ?

cheers :)

just to confirm (and in addition to the great info above) these bottles fit the soda stream adaptors from ross & ebay without any probs, altho a friend who works at bunnings rekons they will be changing to a cheaper bottle around september this year.

Good news about the cheaper bottle. Makes sense if they are trying to push the Ozito range of compressed air tools.

There was a good thread on here a while ago about these and SodaStream cannister etc, Afro posted heavily IIRC and there was plenty of info.

The cheapest place to purchase your cylinders is from www.kegking.com.au or one of Keg Kings distributors, but i'm a little bias because I am good mates with the guys there. But it's a pretty good deal. They are $190 and they come with a lifetime warranty and servicing. So you will never have to pay for hydrotesting or replacement of valves and burst disks.

2.6kg cylinders are a good managable size and fairly safe. The size of the cylinder should also be chosen to suit where you are using the system.

If i had a confined bar room with little ventilation i would definitely not use any more than a 3kg cylinder. In the case of a leak, a concerntration of more than 30% co2 can be lethal. 3kg will be enough to make a 50cubic meter room a lethal environment.

The going rate for the 2.6kg cylinders is about $199.

They are a short and stubby size so they fit well into a kegerator if needs be.

2.6kg_Keg_King_Cylinder.jpg

piss off mate, people are talking about small dispense only co2 sources.

Heh, 3 posts and all three of them an advertisement for what is clearly his business.

Classy.

... they come with a lifetime warranty and servicing. So you will never have to pay for hydrotesting or replacement of valves and burst disks.

:lol:

It's a shame that these 'lifetime' warranties only extend to your 'lifetime' in business, or the 'lifetime' I can track you down when something goes wrong....

Value to me = value of the contents of the empty cylinder

Back