CO2 Bottle testing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would a damaged valve knob constitute damage to cylinder?

Yes if the valve is damaged in any way it will have to be changed when the hydro test is done. The valves cost about $20 each so this cost should be added to the cost of the hydro test.

Has anyone recently had their CO2 bottle recertified?

I'm in North Brisbane and really struggling to find someone to do it.

Yes, I had mine done at a OZ Aquatec, located at Hemmant. They did a full pressure test, valve re-build, re-cert and fill for around $80 from memory. All this with about a 1hr wait. My bottle is Alloy (3.5kg?). So well worth doing, in my opinion. My Little alloy cylinder is perfect for "portability".

Does anyone know of a place in Brisbane that does recertification of bottles now? I know it’s close to same cost as replacing with a steel one, just thought it might be worthwhile for a nice clean kegs on legs alloy 6kg bottle … Shame to dump it…

I got mine done at a dive shop in the Hemmant/ Lyrton area. Can't seem to locate them now on google. The process was painfully slow but they did lend me a 2kg tank while I waited. It was like 2-3 months. Went back a refill once I think and then Cannon Hill LHBS opened...

Back