Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Clubs/Private forums

Discussion in 'Announcements and Support' started by Hophead, 28/1/20.

1. Hophead

Pro Pro

Home Page:
    Posted 28/1/20
    So this has been raised before. You can see them in your daily activity email, cannot find them in a search and even paid membership which says it gives you access to private or confidential forums does not do it.

What I still do not understand is if you cannot see them, how do you know who to contact to see if you can join? From the Daily Activity email you cannot see which club it relates to.
    Or do they not take new members period.

Any insights?

Thanks

2. AHB_Admin

Administrator Administrator

Posted 30/1/20
    Are you looking for the contact for a specific club? If you ask, you probably will be told whom to contact.

And members of the clubs get those emails also, and can click on them.

But, just ask whom to contact to get approval to be part of the club and either they will post, or I can probably find out for you.

3. Hophead

Pro Pro

Home Page:
    Posted 31/1/20
    Thanks

I am going to join the local club (Northern Beaches), but the threads that really interest me are the bulk buys where I would be happy to travel a bit within Sydney to stock up - given I have to travel a fair bit to my nearest supplier anyway.

The thread that got my attention was Bulk Buy 2020 #1 given I am starting to brew again after a long lay off and need to stock up again. - There is no way of knowing what club this thread belongs to and contacting the all clubs to find out seems too much like spamming.

4. AHB_Admin

Administrator Administrator

Posted 31/1/20
Draft saved Draft deleted