Closed system transfer setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theredone

Reaction score
Morning all, been away from the game for a while but just getting back into things so pardon potential silly questions.
I’ve bought a braumeister Speidel fermenter, 60l and want to look into closed transfers to kegs when I get underway. With this in mind I’ve bought a few spare caps for the airlock and valve openings top and bottom, and grabbed a couple of posts to install in these as well as the Fermentasaurus float setup to keep fluid out away from trub. I did this thinking I would probably be able to get both posts into the cap on top but alas this is not the case.
So I have a couple options and just wondering what u might think is best.
1. Liquid post in a cap on bottom and gas post on cap at top. Liquid post would still have float on it as to sit at surface. Problem if any is that all needs to be in there for entire fermentation period.
2. Visa versa, liquid post at top and gas in from bottom, is there issues with pushing gas in from bottom to transfer? I wouldn’t think so but just checking.
3. Could just pu both posts in lid itself, instead of caps, but lid is a bit more flimsy and more expensive to replace if I get any leaks.

Appreciate any help I’ll guys might offer

Looking at the fermenter on the Grain & Grape website thereon, I wonder if it can handle any pressure whatsoever? Maybe shoot them an email and ask if it can?
They probably haven't tested it as a pressure vessel, but I think it would work I fitted posts on to this one from home make it for pressure fermenting, though I did not fit the tap just used the plug that came with it.
97-50_1024x1024.jpg

It wouldn’t be rated to any great pressure, seen a few blokes on YouTube do it though

Wide eyes did you put ur posts through the lid on ur vessel?

It wouldn’t be rated to any great pressure, seen a few blokes on YouTube do it though

Wide eyes did you put ur posts through the lid on ur vessel?
Yes I did it was when playing around with pressure fermenting in plastic vessels, best ones are the heavy duty cubes for pressure fermenting.
001.JPG 002.JPG
001.JPG Pressure fermenting in the cube 002.JPG Poured straight from the cube.

Awesome, thank you sir. I might mount them both in the lid of mine, albeit as close to the edge as possible to aid in sturdiness as the 60l lids are quite large

Back