Clearing In A Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Something that has been keeping me awake at night lately!
Does force carbonation of a keg slow down the dropping and clearing process?
I am imagining that pressure in a keg negates some of the force of gravity and hence slows yeast, protein/tannin complexes from dropping to the bottom.
Anyone have any data on these points?
cheers
Darren

I wouldn't have thought so, although I have no hard data. The pressure is pressing in all directions.

The yeast has further to fall than in a bottle though.

Oh yes, and even when you naturally carbonate, the pressure is building up pretty quick.

HUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i place my kegs into the fridge straight from the fermenter pump 44 psi for 2 days then i back off the regulator connect the tap place a small bucket under the tap and open the tap at 40 odd psi this pulls most sediment off the bottom of the keg & i usually have clear beer till the end of the keg

then adjust your reg to pouring pressure and enjoy :chug:

dr_fuct said:
HUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i place my kegs into the fridge straight from the fermenter pump 44 psi for 2 days then i back off the regulator connect the tap place a small bucket under the tap and open the tap at 40 odd psi this pulls most sediment off the bottom of the keg & i usually have clear beer till the end of the keg

then adjust your reg to pouring pressure and enjoy :chug:
Never seen chill haze in your light lagers at 2 degrees C? Its this haze that I am trying to remove as quickly as possible.

Latest posts

Back