Cleanig Beer Lines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mauler

Reaction score
hi all first time post just moved to keging and empty my first one and it now looks like theres a bit of a build up of sediment in the line plz help whats the best and easiest way to remove this

thanks

Put some pbw or oxyper in a keg run into lines and leave for 30mins then flush with starsan.

I usually do this although noticed one of my lines has some white staining on it from something

I'm sure there will be more thorough methods mentioned here, but I run a couple of litres of HOT water through mine every couple of weeks. Helps to rinse the beer out on the keg at the same time.

My process is:
Mkae up a solution of cold water and Soidium metasilicate and run through all lines and taps. I leave it for 20 minutes and purge a little. I do this a few times until the tap runs clear. Then run all of the Sodium metasilicate out - keg and lines. Rinse the keg well with cold water and add a good amount of boiling water to the keg, say 3 litres. Then rinse all taps and lines with this boiling water. I then run all of the water out of the lines leaving them full of CO2 only, and a little residual water from the boiling water rinse. Let the taps and lines cool and fill em with your best brew.

From time to time, I strip the taps out completely and soak for a few days, clean reall well, grease and reassemble. I find this make a big difference. I don'w do all taps at once, normall just one at a time, so I still have 2 in service.

Fear.

I have a keg of Soda Water for the kids and just run that through the lines once or twice a week. Everytime I change the keg I run hot water through the lines then a little bit of starsan.

Two bucks a meter? I just spend the three bucks, but I'm LOADED!

Back