Clean Brewer In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hey all,

This prob goes out to Melbourne people, I am flying to Melbourne tomoz night and arrive there around Midnight, I am staying at Vibe Savoy Hotel on Little Collins Street.

Is there somewhere around there with some tasty brews to drink? Be open after midnight?

Unfortunately I am only in Melbourne City for 1 night and have a Wedding to attend on the Friday in the Yarra Valley and flying back to Brisbane on Saturday Night.

If nothing is open after midnight, im keen to drink a few brews before the wedding...

Any help with Venue would be great..

CB :D

If it's just one night CB, go for Mrs Parmas 25 Little Bourke St. Not far from where you are staying :D

I visited Mrs Parmas when i was in melbourne last and would reccomend. One night out and you can taste an array of victoria's finest beer.

You are at the opp end of town for Mrs P's. Not a lot down the west end except for Beiro (west end lt lonsdale st) now but open after midnight is the real challenge.

If you're swinging by Mrs Parma's, be sure to try the Taylor Brown. The beer is the creation of Chris Taylor and Robin Brown winners of Beerfest 2010 and members of Melbourne Brewers.

I think Cookie is open late

I doubt Mrs Parmas would be open until 12 let alone much past it on a Thursday.
I think Cookie opens until 3am. As long as your dressed OK & tell the security your meeting friends you should be fine.

How are you getting to & from the Yarra Valley? You could go via Slowbeer on the way there if driving. Opens at 12 on Friday.

Thanks for the replies guys...

Unfortunately I didnt get to my Hotel till 11.45pm on the Thursday night and was to stuffed to find anything, a couple glasses of red and I was passed out, I couldnt even get anywhere the next day as I had to be in the Yarra Valley by 10.30am.

I did however enjoy "many" Hargraeves Hill Pale Ales at the Reception at Mandala Wines..... :beerbang:

I do hope to get down that way again soon... :unsure:

:icon_cheers: CB

Too late now I think but put the bar 'Biero' on your list for next time.

Awesome range of stuff on tap and in their 'beer vaults' (basically a kegorator system that draws beer from a single bottle at a time). A strange thing if ever I saw one.

When I was last there I had a Wiehanstephaner Hefeweizen, Brewdogs IPA, Bombardier and saw more and more things I wanted to drink. The benefit of the beer vault is you can try a pot of a beer that normally would cost a small fortune for the bottle without purchasing the whole bottle - so it's a pretty cool concept.

In the end ran out of the bar screaming and leaving my friends because I knew that if I'd stayed my belly would have been filled with rich flavours of awesome beer from around the world, my head would have been spinning, and my bank balance empty.

It's really close to Flagstaff Station in Melbourne's CBD at 525 Lt Lonsdale St, quite new and when I went it was a weeknight with an afterwork crowd and not overly pretentious (although their website does give that vibe out).

Cheers, :)

Hopper.

Edit - added address

Been meaning to check out Biero for a while but always forget about it when I'm in the city. Their website certainly has "pretentious wank" written all over it. But more craft beer orientated venues the better!

Back