Citra & Amarillo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzer

Reaction score
Just noticed Core Brewing Concepts seem to have Citra & Amarillo hops on their website, also they are doing free shipping. (always nice)

They don't say what season.. though they have just come in.

Wrong section as well - Retail shop is for retaillers to post their products.

Cheers Ross

Just noticed Core Brewing Concepts seem to have Citra & Amarillo hops on their website, also they are doing free shipping. (always nice)

They don't say what season.. though they have just come in.

I have some Amarillo ordered... Not having high hopes for them being a good year but will report back once they arrive.

Just got this email from Nikobrew..

Good evening fellow homebrewer,

Remember Citra? That incredibly delicious hop that has all but disappeared? We will be offering a limited supply (2012 crop) Saturday 12/22 at 9am MST, set your alarm!

We'll also have some more Amarillo from the 2010 crop. They were stored at -5f in nitrogen flushed mylar until today when we repackaged it into single pounds. Just like with the Citra, a limited amount will be offered.

Not only that but we'll have a few other varieties on sale as well!!

Pricing (all pellets):

Limited hops (available 12/22 at 9am MST until they're gone):
2012 Citra - $27/lb
2010 Amarillo - $25/lb

Other hops on sale (12/22 at 9am MST until 12/24 at 9am MST):
2011 Centennial - Was $27.50/lb will be $24
2011 Hallertauer - Was $20/lb will be $15
2011 Warrior - Was $23/lb will be $17.25

Standard Nikobrew $5 Flat Rate Shipping applies on all domestic orders (yes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO this means you too!). International shipping is $18 USD for 4 full pounds or 3 1/2 pounds of mixed increments and international customers must use PayPal as their payment method.

Just got this email from Nikobrew..

Good evening fellow homebrewer,

Remember Citra? That incredibly delicious hop that has all but disappeared? We will be offering a limited supply (2012 crop) Saturday 12/22 at 9am MST, set your alarm!

We'll also have some more Amarillo from the 2010 crop. They were stored at -5f in nitrogen flushed mylar until today when we repackaged it into single pounds. Just like with the Citra, a limited amount will be offered.

Not only that but we'll have a few other varieties on sale as well!!

Pricing (all pellets):

Limited hops (available 12/22 at 9am MST until they're gone):
2012 Citra - $27/lb
2010 Amarillo - $25/lb

Other hops on sale (12/22 at 9am MST until 12/24 at 9am MST):
2011 Centennial - Was $27.50/lb will be $24
2011 Hallertauer - Was $20/lb will be $15
2011 Warrior - Was $23/lb will be $17.25

Standard Nikobrew $5 Flat Rate Shipping applies on all domestic orders (yes Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO this means you too!). International shipping is $18 USD for 4 full pounds or 3 1/2 pounds of mixed increments and international customers must use PayPal as their payment method.

It's funny how we run out of the hops, then out of the wood work every month there is a magic supply.

There's plenty of other yummy hops to brew with. Just ignore the retailers trying to flog off "limited supply" hops for ridiculous prices. :beerbang:

IIRC, I bought a pound of Citra for $12 in 2010.

These prices, once you add in postage, are the same as buying it in 90g packs from CB.

I see good old Cascade is still $11 a pound. I'm over "designer hops".

There's plenty of other yummy hops to brew with. Just ignore the retailers trying to flog off "limited supply" hops for ridiculous prices. :beerbang:

I'm with you Gibbo, in fact I didn't think Citra was anything outstanding anyway. Just because something is in short supply sure does not make it something wonderful all of a sudden.

Citra hard to come by? It's not the end of the world is it? Is it? :eek:

IIRC, I bought a pound of Citra for $12 in 2010.

These prices, once you add in postage, are the same as buying it in 90g packs from CB.

I see good old Cascade is still $11 a pound. I'm over "designer hops".

Cascades great, it's my favourite hop to use. :icon_drool2:

Stop talking about Cascade... we don't want it to sell out and become a rip off :eek:

Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks sm_pow.gif

Stop talking about Cascade... we don't want it to sell out and become a rip off :eek:

Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks, Cascade sucks View attachment 59486

Doh!

I've got a freeze full and thought is was good :huh:

Can't stand Cascade either. But i love my Pride of Ringwood ;)

One of the C hops is on shortage and I have quite enjoyed making a few decent brews using Centennial. I hope it takes a while for this shortage to show.

US cascade is nice but I like our Cascade all the same.

Not experienced enough in other hops to care either way yet but I also quite like Simcoe in commercials I buy.

I like Citra, and considering I usually do buy my hops in 90g packs from CB, getting a pound of inflated-price Citra plus two and a half pounds of regular-priced hops that I frequently use still works out cheaper in the long run and I can keep brewing the beers I like.

I could, alternatively, not buy any Citra and complain about it being overhyped and declare a boycot on trendy hops but I think the first option suits me better.

One of the C hops is on shortage and I have quite enjoyed making a few decent brews using Centennial. I hope it takes a while for this shortage to show.

US cascade is nice but I like our Cascade all the same.

Not experienced enough in other hops to care either way yet but I also quite like Simcoe in commercials I buy.

I prefer NZ Cascade over the USA stuff (more zing), and don't like Centenial - but I think Hops Direct 2009 Centenial was not actually hops, but pelletised lawn clippings.

ODed on Citra a while back.

I prefer NZ Cascade over the USA stuff (more zing)

Haven't tried NZ Cascade but I prefer the US stuff to Aus Cascade. Will have to check the NZ stuff out. Ended up with a large amount of US Cascade (not a bad thing) so have mostly been using a lot of that with a few other varieties.

Back