Circulating Heat Exchanged Mash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
This would have to be one of the slickest AG setup's I've seen.

What would you charge for something like this Jayse & Randy ?

Beers,
Doc

index_00a.jpg

doc
it would cost more than anyone is prepared to pay.could properly make it for around $800-$1000 plus add another $1000 for our labour. it'll take a good full ten days work to build. depending on sourcing the parts.and options.
these units sell in the states for around $3500.thats $7000 of our dollars.more money than most would spend on malt,yeast and hops in a life time.i reckon we could make them and sell them for half that.$2500-$3000.still i don't see anyone orderering one.i don't know any brewers with that much money to fork out for system like that.
but if anyone wants one will do it.
hopefully with in the next few days i will have ordered the kegs.still can't find a way to get them here.

crackers
love to get hold of some of them universal 100l pots.but i reckon will keep the current system for our pilot brewery and build a full on 800-1000 litre micro.estimate the cost of the 800litre job at around $90,000.
sounds like a lot but.i don't think it really is.add an extra $10,000 to get the license.them of course somewhere to put it.for a start it could be in a old country town.where real estate is cheap as cheaps.
one day that is.
this all properly sounds like a big day dream.but iam sure most will see the reality is very likely.

cheers jayse.

Jayse, when I win lotto I'll buy one off you :D

Id love to build something like that for myself first.

Am trying to get my hands on my own plazma cutter and tig welder at the mo instead of using works.

Like jayse says anything is possible but the materials are expensive and hard to get.

I am urrently pricing s/s pots brand new.

Also I would prefer the staggered setup, swaping pumpt or valves to go between HLT to mash then recirc then sparge.

Pumps are expensive. we are lucky we have three but all come at a price

this ones U.S$4000. from sabco

NO HERMS and tiered to used gravity.for that price their should be a cooler with it at least.i really can't see why it cost so much.that looks to me like a $2000 profit.$4000 australian.but using a teired version would be more viable to sell and cheaper.plus the less extreme frame.
could even go three tiers.
although we use pumps our set up is tiered on the bench simply because it takes up less room.

sabco_1758_95741.jpg

Here is a web site in the US that do gravity fed brew systems...
This is there budget one that cost 599.00 USD.
url is www.brewtree.com

View attachment 270214.htm

I will try again...

Here is the pic...

tn_DSC00087.jpg

yeah gmk
ive been eyeing that off for a while
i asked on postage a while back, they said they will look into it
on the ups postage calculator it was approx $1000us.
makes it not worth while.

cheers
crackers

Our system is mostly gravity fed just not as mobile. I dont want to move it in a hurry anyway.

Still need a pump if you want a HERMS setup.

It seems everything is done in the US

Way to deer to get any of it here. Thats why we are looking into importing kegs for we can't seem to get good ones in OZ.

gmk.
nice price does that include everything their.if so its a great price.
your allgrain setup is still better though.
st pats cooler.mmmmm and 75 litre copper.
where did you get that. st pats ccfc.

snow
this is more like my idea of a lotto win.

O_Brewhouse.JPG

and here's another angle with the F.V's

BrewhouseFVS_2.JPG

I bought the st pats CCFC and their 10inch false bottom when a mate of a mate who lives in Austin texas was coming out to Australia.

Therefore, didn't pay freight....

Same thing happened with the Barley Crusher.

gmk

have you ever seen the convoluted copper for sale anywhere.or anywhere in oz for that fact.

Convoluted copper.

There is a mob in adelaide that sell this and or finned copper.
To do a run of annealed finned/convoluted is 800.00.

This makes my 100.00USD St Pats - approx 130.00USD incl freight = to 200.00AUS not too bad value.
Especially when a mate brings it into the country for free.

Ken....

yep can't see anyone being able too make those chillers for less than $200.
in the states even the price of everthing comes to only $5 short of the st pats. iam just gunna go garden hose normal copper.to upgrade from my pvc tube counterflow cooler.that will come to under $50 with trade prices for a roll of copper.

here's some system control.maybe you could set it up to brew from work over the net.

rack_front_s100_q100.jpg

Back