Cider?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So after much googling and whatnot I get the jist of making an easy cider... I'm not keen on the whole pressing or juicing thing... So if I was to chuck 23l of cheap Apple juice, 500g of lactose, high abv yeast and a kg of dextrose in my plastic fermenter would I be making a bearable and high alcohol % cider? And could I use carb drops instead of priming when bottling in longnecks glass bottles? Cheers [emoji111]️

Did one a while back for the wife that was apparently fairly good, I don't drink cider so not much of a judge. Did not use dextrose etc. so no idea on that side. Was basically apple juice and I think 4l of apple and pear juice. Did have a couple extra's, cup of strong tea for tannin, malic acid and a touch of lime juice. Used a cider yeast but that may not matter with the dextrose etc. not sure someone else may be able to better answer that. And I did use carb drops carbonation did seem a bit slow though not sure if that is normal.

My approach :

4L concentrate, 21L apple juice. Wine / champagne yeast. 13% wine you can stabilise and blend (malic/tannic acid) into fresh juice when you keg. 76L @ 4.25%

Back