Cider Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trippers

Reaction score
Hi people making my second cider and i have a couple of Q's?

I am using 20L of preservative free apple juice from Aldi and at this stage i am going to just wack it into the fermenter and add some US05 yeast.

- Should I use yeast nutrient?
- Should I add any sugar? I am after a cider that is quite dry and abot 4.5%ABV

Any suggestions tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

I made an ALDI apple cider with Montrachet Red Star Yeast.

Didn't use nutrient, nor sugar, though I would hazard that with US05, it'd be a good idea. The montrachet is a big muncher, US05, not so much:

Description:
Red Star Montrachet - This yeast is a very fast, clean, neutral fermenter with good tolerance to ethanol well suited to the production of high quality red wines. It is a low producer of foam and fusel oils and has a wide temperature range of between 7C-35C. It will ferment to dryness and is also capable of restarting a stuck fermentation.

Goomba

Non beer brewing is the section you want.

look up simple cider in the search engine bar top right corner that says google (comes down when you click 'search' and uses google engine within the forum and turns up much better results than the default).

Non beer brewing is the section you want.

look up simple cider in the search engine bar top right corner that says google (uses google engine within the forum and turns up much better results than the default).

Thanks mate, it takes a bit of getting use to when your new to the forum. I appreciate the assistance.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back