Cider Gravy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
Made some Cider Gravy the other night which was FANtastic! Served with pork loin cutlets it was the perfect match.

Thought I might share:

After cooking the cutlets add 1/3 glass of cider to de-glaze the pan
Add the onion and cook until soft
Add remaining cider and 1 tablespoon of Greens Roast Meat Gravy Granules
Cook until reduced to desired consistency

Screwy

Sounds delish. I don't make snags but Coles do pork sausages with cider and apple that are quite nice.

Leave out the gravy granules... Throw some flour in the pan and let it soak up the fat and brown a little before deglazing with cider. And if it were me, I'd brown the onions in the pan before throwing the cider in for a few extra caramel flavours.

Add some mustard too. Pork, cider and mustard are a magic combination. And sage. Or thyme.

Cheers
Dave

Screwtop said:
Made some Cider Gravy the other night which was FANtastic!
Christmas turkey (or plain old roast chook) in the Webber with a good basting of cider is the ducks nuts too. I also use cider for the gravy instead of wine.

Screwtop said:
Made some Cider Gravy the other night which was FANtastic! Served with pork loin cutlets it was the perfect match.
Had pork chops to night and made this up was really good the wife reckons its a winner
Thought I might share:

After cooking the cutlets add 1/3 glass of cider to de-glaze the pan
Add the onion and cook until soft
Add remaining cider and 1 tablespoon of Greens Roast Meat Gravy Granules
Cook until reduced to desired consistency

Screwy

Latest posts

Back