Chuck Hahn tells it like it is.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insane_rosenberg

Reaction score
It's always refreshing to hear someone tell it like it is regarding ingredients used in the mega breweries:

"When I discovered that the late additions to the brew kettle of the German Hersbrucker hops were not being made properly and were of 2008 crop a couple months ago, I quickly made corrections to the brewing programs."

http://craftypint.com/news/524/Taking_The_Pils

This comment is even better :
Interesting to see your opinion of Hahn's reprise of the original beer.
In 1988 I had just finished a costly refit of The Star Hotel ( cnr Sussex & Goulburn Sts, Chinatown Sydney ) Chuck had recently opened at Camperdown and I had heard of him mainly as the brains behind Steinlager.
I rang Hahn Brewing to look at getting it on tap. Incredibly, he turned up and went on like a Prima Donna, times ten. Told me it was the best beer in the world, wanted to check the cellar to see if it was suitable, warned me that they wouldn't put the beer on tap just anywhere so on and so on.
I had by then, had enough of a bloke who I thought was an incredible Yank Tosser
(Sorry Chuck the Canuck, I know better now ) so I told him to **** Off! Now that is exactly what happened.
I then bought a carton of Hahn Premium and within 3 days I was utterly convinced that Hahn Premium was the single best beer on The Planet. I rang Hahn Brewing and tried to get through to Chuck who wouldn't take my call. I told his secretary to tell him he was right and now I simply could not drink another beer and to get it on tap at The Star where I gave it the best single Tap in the place.
Over the years I've come across him now and then but I don't think he took to being told to **** Off even though he was begging for it.
I drank nothing else for years after until Lion overnight reduced it to Horsepiss, in my view worse than Crown Lager which is undrinkable.
Where can I get the new stuff?

Shane R said:
It's always refreshing to hear someone tell it like it is regarding ingredients used in the mega breweries:

"When I discovered that the late additions to the brew kettle of the German Hersbrucker hops were not being made properly and were of 2008 crop a couple months ago, I quickly made corrections to the brewing programs."

http://craftypint.com/news/524/Taking_The_Pils
Check the date on that article, December 19 2012 by Crafty Pint

Latest posts

Back