Chubb Fire Extinguisher Adaotor?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
I just got given a fire extinguisher that has been taken out of service, its full of CO2 but it had a swivel fitting on it and when I took it off the extinguisher has a female thread that looks alot smaller then the regulator thread (its still attached to the other bottle.

Has anyone got a adapter for these? as it would be handy to know what the threads are or I will have to drag the reg and bottle around places to find out.

I can get my hands on another one that is empty (went off in the guys car) but he said he should be able to get them filled if they are for home use and it will be $13 for refill or $25 for a service and fill. I think I will get them to service them when I need to and see if they will take out the diptube.

He said that when they do the tagging of the cylinders that if he gets ones that are taken out of service he will keep them for me which is good. I just went in to ask for a price on a 5kg new one and walk out with a free 3.5kg full one and have access to the other 3.5kg thats empty, which I will get him to see the guy to service and remove the diptube and fill as he is only charging me his wholesale cost as he is a mate but will swing him some beers for his effort for sure. I think I owe him a carton for the 2 cylinders seems fair as they are like $180 each online.

Be good if he can get them filled and serviced if not I got free 3.5kgs of CO2 :p

I just got given a fire extinguisher that has been taken out of service, its full of CO2 but it had a swivel fitting on it and when I took it off the extinguisher has a female thread that looks alot smaller then the regulator thread (its still attached to the other bottle.

Has anyone got a adapter for these? as it would be handy to know what the threads are or I will have to drag the reg and bottle around places to find out.

I can get my hands on another one that is empty (went off in the guys car) but he said he should be able to get them filled if they are for home use and it will be $13 for refill or $25 for a service and fill. I think I will get them to service them when I need to and see if they will take out the diptube.

He said that when they do the tagging of the cylinders that if he gets ones that are taken out of service he will keep them for me which is good. I just went in to ask for a price on a 5kg new one and walk out with a free 3.5kg full one and have access to the other 3.5kg thats empty, which I will get him to see the guy to service and remove the diptube and fill as he is only charging me his wholesale cost as he is a mate but will swing him some beers for his effort for sure. I think I owe him a carton for the 2 cylinders seems fair as they are like $180 each online.

Be good if he can get them filled and serviced if not I got free 3.5kgs of CO2 :p

I'm in the same boat

yarrr you need the fittings arrrr

talk to yee local hydrolic mob, and be taking the cylinder with thee

cost me about $10 shangs they did but the Co2 was free

use two spanners to tighten...

DSCF5452.JPG

yeah might have to do that, I have the hose it came off of so will cut that off and take the male fitting in, will be alot easier then taking the whole cylinder if they find a female thread to fit it then I should need the male thread :p prob need the reg to so I can get the right fitting for that.

If only I was still in the drilling game had heaps of hydrological fittings laying around one prob would of done it.

I can see what you have done & it's a simpler option but I have no trigger or hose assembly, just the empty cylinder. I will be leaving my gas on pretty much all the time & the triggers do have a tendency to leak. Some people have no complaints but I know of at least as many that have complained about them leaking. I can source the screw down cylinder valve that screws directly to the cylinder but the problem is they are 3/4" tapered thread & the cylinder is parallel. Due to the high pressures in the bottle, it's a little risky & maybe foolish to screw in a parallel male to tapered female fitting then screw in the cylinder valve.
The search continues..............................

my mate can prob get onto a few cylinders, If he comes across some more soon they will prob be different brand again, I will grab them and if you are still in trouble can send you one at postage cost. Not sure what that is on one but they have them on ebay so postage cant be to bad

I wanna grab the other one he has empty but I want to get a adapter first to make sure I can do it. I wont care if it leaks after a while as it cost me the fittings and bugger all to recharge. Having 2 is ideal as he only gets there every month or so, so I will get him to just take it up when he sees them or he said I can go up and they will bill him and I just pay him so thats alright. If I had 2 there would be no rush. If I have to get them tested and refilled every month I will still be ahead of hiring bottles lol

my mate can prob get onto a few cylinders, If he comes across some more soon they will prob be different brand again, I will grab them and if you are still in trouble can send you one at postage cost. Not sure what that is on one but they have them on ebay so postage cant be to bad

I wanna grab the other one he has empty but I want to get a adapter first to make sure I can do it. I wont care if it leaks after a while as it cost me the fittings and bugger all to recharge. Having 2 is ideal as he only gets there every month or so, so I will get him to just take it up when he sees them or he said I can go up and they will bill him and I just pay him so thats alright. If I had 2 there would be no rush. If I have to get them tested and refilled every month I will still be ahead of hiring bottles lol

Cheers for that.

no worries, You may have to sling me some money to get him a 6 pack or something though as he has done me some favors over the time, he gives me everything at cost even when I tell him to put money on for his efforts. So I try to swing him some beers when I get a chance

i'll pop down to the ozaquatech place in the morning (or monday) and ask if they could do it

they are just down the road from me...

Hi Kelbygreen,

If you take your gear into the hydraulic guys on Industrial Highway, be prepared for them to tell you about how much they know about a heap of stuff. Then they will tell you again that they know everything, maybe again, and after you get no help and your walking out they will tell how much they know - again! They are Legends!

Well that is my experience. Did I mention the knowledge they have?

Fear_n_loath

lol yeah thanks for the heads up fear. Will try stay away from there :p

Back