Christmas Wish List

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backlane Brewery

Reaction score
So, given the time of year, I was asked to come up with a list of things I want for Christmas, so my girlfriend (who is highly organised) can pass it on to family etc.

It went like this-
the new William "Captain Kirk" Shatner CD (recommend this if you haven't heard it)
15 or 20 litre glass demijohn, or mini-keg
DME or LME or maltodex or any other brewing sugars, by the kilo
any decent kits- lager, pilsener or any other pale varieties
some of those double walled fluid filled beer mugs you put in the freezer, and/or some nice big pint or pilsener style glasses

and some socks, of course.

She was not impressed. :angry: Have to tell her I need a 10 or 15 litre SS stock pot & a good thermometer too.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Let me guess - she was upset about the William Shatner Cd :lol: ;)

On my list:

- a 4th keg
- grain mill
- 35L boiler

I don't think I'll get any of them :(

- Snow

The only thing I know of for sure I will be getting is a regulator, however I have asked for everything else... :lol:

Let me guess - she was upset about the William Shatner Cd

No, she's a big Trek fan, subscribes to one of those fortnightly magazines that come with a DVD stuck on each issue, and we watch about 4 hours worth on cable on Sunday evenings.

And to be fair Tracey is the one that rents the space that houses our humble operation. She moved her shop into Chapel St. Windsor earlier this year, the new building has a self-contained flat above it, she keeps stock in part of it but the kitchen is now full of kegs bottles etc. And she doesn't even really like beer- hence our detours (very rewarding) into cider.

Seem to recall she muttered something about a obsession & lack of imagination...sure those of you wth partners have heard similar comments.

CFWC for me & the good news is it's already here. :D

one of those fancy tiny plate heat exchangers
two 60L pots
3 nasa burners
a stand
some kegs
a co2 bottle
a pump
a grain mill

please!

Kai said:
one of those fancy tiny plate heat exchangers
two 60L pots
3 nasa burners
a stand
some kegs
a co2 bottle
a pump
a grain mill

please!
Kai,

My elves tell me you have been a very naughty boy. What makes you think you deserve any of those things.

Santa's helper

Not really a wish list. This is what I'm getting in Santas sack for xmas.
  • Convoluted Counterflow Wort Chiller (Morebeer.com)
  • 6-way CO2 Gas Manifold (morebeer.com)
  • SS Aeration stone (morebeer.com)
  • Dual outlet variable output airpump (eBay)
  • Nasa Burner and HP Regulator (Globe Imports)
  • Farmhouse Ales book (Amazon)
  • A few other misc items
Hanging out for the first brewday after xmas B)

Doc

Bloody hell :eek:

Someone obviously has been a good boy this year :p

Anyone else want their "significant other" to stop wasting their hard-earned $$?

$hit, if I got that gift, I could afford to go on a Euro brewery tour...

I lost any respect for William Shatner when he did that ordinary series- TJ Hooker

Im shooting for a BYO subscription. Have to lay low as I recently bought taps,kegs,lines,on the hunt for a LAREGER freezer.
But a reminder was the previous poster for a grain mill, A crankenstein 2 roller would be neat

So just the BYO subscription and the mill

Doc,

If that's what you're getting you either have a very understanding other half or you are single B)
Mine would go ballistic if I even thought of half of that gear.
Lucky to get a liquid yeast! :unsure:

cheers nm

The last two Ian Rankin "Rebus" novels :blink:

Since the brewing bug bit deep in 2003 I've hardly read a book that wasn't beer related!! Some R&R over the holiday period is called for.

However, if I have been good, a grainmill woud be very nice, maybe a keep cold esky as a mash tun project, a 30L burko urn as my favoured hlt.

R&R can only last a little while

mmmmmmm what do i want for xmas?????
will have to think about this one for a bit. ;)

beerhead.jpg

metters said:
If that's what you're getting you either have a very understanding other half or you are single B)
Mine would go ballistic if I even thought of half of that gear.
Lucky to get a liquid yeast! :unsure:
I do have a very understanding wife.
But not all presents will be from here.
By the time I get presents from my sister, wife, parents, wifes family (and of course myself) the number of items can increase quite quick.

I forgot to also mention that I'm getting my subscription renewed to BYO.

Beers,
Doc

For Christmas, I'll be getting:

3 Way CO2 Manifold (Brewers Discount)
6 QD (3 of each (Brewers Discount))
Radical Brewing Book (A&R)

I was meant to get these for my birthday, but they haven't been delivered in time, so I'll take them as extra Christmas presents.

I got three shiny brand new stainless steel taps for my birthday. I'm a lucky boy. Now to build that bar.

I have also ordered three kegs from Brewers Discount (should expect that in the New Year).

Cheers,
Jase

CGM-3D Grain Mill by Crankandstein
http://www.crankandstein.com/cgm3d.htm

Or maybe just some new brass bushes for my turbo charged "ESB singlr roller mill".... Crushing 10kgs of grain in ~5 mins tends to shag them out in a year or two..... ;)

Asher for now

Back