Christmas Brews

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanator

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has started planning beers for christmas?

I'm thinking of putting down a Coopers Dark Ale with:
- Cinnamon
- Nutmeg
- Chocolate
- Brown Sugar
- Rum
- Almond Essence

Should be interesting. Would love to hear what other brewers out there are planning!

Cheers.

:beer:

Hey everyone,

I just thought I'd bump this topic up again.

I finally got around to doing up an official recipe. One can only guess how this is going to turn out.

I used some different fonts on this one. If it doesn't display correctly, like no headings for example, can someone tell me? I can then make the needed changes.

Cheers!

View attachment Silent_Night_Delight.pdf

Rynator,

That sounds interesting, i prefer the lighter styles with wheat in summer.
Christmas beers for me mean my Hefeweizen, Belgian Wit and Rice lager to guzzel down next to the pool :lol:
Might make a ginger beer this year too, there was a good thread on it a while back, i think it was Docs recipe.

:beerbang:

BigAl said:
Rynator,

That sounds interesting, i prefer the lighter styles with wheat in summer.
Christmas beers for me mean my Hefeweizen, Belgian Wit and Rice lager to guzzel down next to the pool :lol:
Might make a ginger beer this year too, there was a good thread on it a while back, i think it was Docs recipe.

:beerbang:
[post="77470"][/post]​

Hey BigAl,

I gotta admit I love the wheats in the hotter months. This beer will be pretty heavy but I thought I might give it a go for something different. If it tastes bad I'll just give it to some poor, unsuspecting family member as a present on christmas day! :lol:

ryanator said:
I gotta admit I love the wheats in the hotter months. This beer will be pretty heavy but I thought I might give it a go for something different. If it tastes bad I'll just give it to some poor, unsuspecting family member as a present on christmas day! :lol:

[post="77471"][/post]​

Easy solution... just wait 6 months and brew a Christmas in July brew. Just the thing to celebrate Yule with.

Cheers
Dave

Airgead said:
Easy solution... just wait 6 months and brew a Christmas in July brew. Just the thing to celebrate Yule with.

Cheers
Dave
[post="77555"][/post]​

6 Months from Christmas in June 25. I have allways wondered why people go for Christmas in July when it is 6 months from June.

Aaron said:
6 Months from Christmas in June 25. I have allways wondered why people go for Christmas in July when it is 6 months from June.
[post="77558"][/post]​

Absolutely correct. Technically Yule is June 21 (midwinter solstace).

To get really technical midsummer solstace (Litha or Christmas to the Christians) actually falls on December 22.

People chose July as it is colder and feels more like midwinter.

Cheers
Dave

ryanator said:
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has started planning beers for christmas?

I'm thinking of putting down a Coopers Dark Ale with:
- Cinnamon
- Nutmeg
- Chocolate
- Brown Sugar
- Rum
- Almond Essence

Should be interesting. Would love to hear what other brewers out there are planning!

Cheers.

[post="72872"][/post]​

Are you sure you got the right recipe.? That looks like my Grandma's Christmas cake recipe and not one for a Beer...

Oh, I am sorry, I missed the general idea. You drink the Coopers Dark Ale whilst you make the cake, is that it?

:chug:
PeterS....

Making a beer that tastes like christmas cake!

Edit: That's just how I write out my recipes. I don't use any brew software. Just good ol' Microsoft Word.

Latest posts

Back