Christmas Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny_bjc

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering what you guys are brewing for Christmas!?

Good to hear what others are planning, fermenting or bottling for the Summer season!

Thanks!

Hi all,

Wondering what you guys are brewing for Christmas!?

Good to hear what others are planning, fermenting or bottling for the Summer season!

Thanks!

For Xmas this year I will be doing 2 brews

My standard american pale ale, I love it cause it's hoppy, my mates love it cause they think "it's like LCPA"...

AND

An oktoberfest, it's a festival beer... Xmas is sort of a festival... Works for me :)

:icon_chickcheers:

I've been puitting 2 bottles of each brew i've done since July away in a box in the spare room for Christmas. Should have PLENTY ;)
Mitch :icon_chickcheers:

i have brewing at present morgans old(double) and dockside stout, when these finish i will put down a pale ale all should be matured well for christmas

Still experimenting with my brews, and I suppose always will be, for just this summer holiday occasion. But the list includes.

American Amber Ale, bottle today and will probably be drinking in two weeks for my birthday drinks so I will need the following.

English bitter with East Kent Goldings and a touch of Nelson Sauvin.

English Bitter with, way out of style with Cascade, Have to get my one of last ever coopers cans used up.

Belgian Pale Ale with East kent Goldings and Czech Saaz, using the other one of last ever coopers cans, no more kits for me.

Have to make sure we have enough to last.

English Bitter with, way out of style with Cascade, Have to get my one of last ever coopers cans used up.

i'm so glad to hear you've done that. i have a Bitter w/ late hopped Cascade in 2ndary at present, and i was hoping i wouldn't be flamed for it.

in primary is a Real Ale with simcoe hops.

then there's a Cascade Imperial Pale Ale waiting for the primary to be free.

Should I be keeping my lagers(bottled) in the fridge to cc for a couple of months for christmas or is this not going to help them?

Was going to brew a Christmas pudding stout. A bit of ginger, star anise, brown sugar, vanilla and cherry concentrate with a coopers stout kit and some other fermentables.

Leave it until next winter....... or the one after.

Should be good.

Will be doing a jump mash for the main day, so I can have a good session and still retain enough sobriety to cook.

I just bottled a double batch APA - sorta LCPA clone. Tasted great outta the fermentor - going to be hard to wait until close to xmas.

Plan is to hand some of them out as xmas pressies to a few friends.

otherwise, my last four months of brewing has netted me quite a stockpile - a few hundred bottles of ready to drink now brews should see me thorugh the season I reckon :beerbang:

Brendo

Latest posts

Back